THIS SITE\'S BETTER THAN THE MAGS

OB_Dirty Pete

Registered
For thirty-five years, I 've relied on the bike mags for relevant info.

This and other sites like it change all that and I hope the bike mag guys are smart enough to be worried.

Today, I can just post a question about my specific bike on a site like this and I get frigging real life experts lending me their insight for nothing other than the satisfaction of knowing that their advice is not going to someone who won't or can't use it.

Whereas I used to scan bike mag covers for articles that I cared about, now I (and you of course) have the privilege of exchanging information virtually real time with people who are doing the same poop we are!

To defend against bike forums on the net, bike mags are going to have to start getting really technical...using their ad revenue money to do nothing but credible testing that we can't.

The British bike mags are so far ahead in this respect that I find Sport Bike and Motorcyclist almost irrelevant now.

Is there still a role for mags when we can jump into forums for any bike or aftermarket supplier or manufacturer or ? that interests us?

Is paper (other than Zig-Zag) dead?

Life is good...isn't it?
I agree the brit mags...are definitely worth the few extra bucks.
They tell it how it is and what they like.
Plus,they curse,there's women half naked and theres great pictures of great bikes!
I'll always buy the mags,even though the internet does take care of most of it.
The measly ass american mags kinda suck...but i still buy them occasionally :)

We are all part of the greatest site on the net! :) :) :)
Does anyone know what they'll be adding when they shut down to update on sunday morning???

Pete Zig-Zags are still used on a daily basis by people,but some may not know what they the are for. I agree the bike mags suck.P.S. Falcon Cop may have some.

[This message has been edited by jim p (edited 10 September 1999).]

Dirty Pete, Rizzla has a major role in the trackside advertising in europe.

US based paper magazines are very lame in comparison to the UK variety. I look forward to going to the Barnes & Noble store several times a month to pick up a monthly collection of bike mags.

This site is awsome in the real time information available and the membership is what makes it, a real cross cut of owners from many perspectives(drag, road race, sport touring).

It sure beats being a lonesome owner of a bike you seldom see, never mind being alone with no supportive information. If you have a problem chances are that someone here can help.

Thanks BigDog from ole' blighty.

Now that you've proved you can set-up and run a great web site is there any chance you could do something about the crappy weather in England?

I look forward to reading your proposals in due course. :-)
Regards

Right now it's just a better machine, Buddha...I decided there was no reason to update any of the other scripts/ideas I had until I did the server...hopefully we'll see a fairly severe traffic jump, and that means better network connectivity and a better machine are needed. Step 1 is done!

Found the site the other day, great work. what equip. are you using??
I am finding that more & more computer network people are riding the ABUSA's as we call them..

Back