This scam intro is new to me

MST1TED

Registered
I was trying to sale my old blackberry and some other phone related items on Craigslist and got this reply.

Hello I will make an instant purchase of the items above, does it have original box and work perfectly, I want it shipped to my colleagues in West Africa Nigeria I will be giving you $250 for the item including shipping fee so get get back to me with your paypal id so I can transfer funds to you now.

Ok, now can someone tell me how that scam works...by giving the pp id
all you can do with that is pay the correct acount. and I would never give
anyone my password. I Know about the money order and check scam and how it's played just trying to figure out how they would beat you on pp.
These guys are lame I can't see how people fall for this.

I'm not sure. But the fact they even mention "NIGERIA" in it....is enough to make most people run for hills nowadays. :laugh:

I would say its a fake transfer and you get stuck with no money and they get the merchandise.

once you have a user name, you can run a password generator and over the course of time, get the correct password. I was hacked this way and someone tried to transfer $1000 out of my checking account so they could pull it out of paypal. I dont link my checking to PP anymore and i change my password once a week with a strong one. Pain in the ace to keep track of, but worth it to keep my cash.
Not saying this is what you are up against, but just something to think about.

Tell them to send you a cashier's check and you will mail the merchandise after the check clears. I'm sure you will not hear back from them again.....

when i was selling my bike tins i got a transfer from purto rico 3 times for payment and it cleared then 2 days later was held due to checking will payer if transfer was issued then it went fraudulent. i always wait for the money to be deposited into my account with paypal n e ways but if u ship as soon as u would recive the money that would be how the scam woulda worked on me.

to recieve money all you got to do is tell them the email for the account. i recieve money all the time this way. but beware the CHARGEBACK

Back