Scams

Rocketman

Registered
I've seen the scams on eBay and like you can really see them now. (Same stupid patterns.) After going through last nights awesome scam-jam with the girl from Poland (if she is really a she..) I wanted to pose this question...

Anyone have any scam stories where the bonehead from Nigeria or UK or wherever, actually scammed someone's money?

I mean ultimatley, it's easy to see they're scootin' ya, trying to fish around, saying the wrong stuff, makin no sense, etc. I just wondered - has anyone gone all the way and lost their money.

... talk amongst yoselves...

I had a buddy in highschool buy acouple motherboards for some computers he was building off of Yahoo Auctions. He sent the money then their email address and business website no longer worked. He never did get his money back or ever find out who those guys were.

Had a guy contact me on a bike I was selling last year with the overpayment scam. I deposited his cashiers check and he wanted me to Western Union the difference to his "shipper". Needless to say, I didn't, he called me pissed off that I didn't trust him, but after I told him I was waiting for his check to clear, he never contacted me again.
The bike was for sale on stripbike.com, these guys are aware of most classified sites, not just ebay. The old adage "If anything seems to good to be true, it probably is." is one to keep in mind when buying/selling things online....

Back