This morning's ride (242 miles)

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
I got the day off today so I just wanted to share my ride this morning. I left at around 9:00 after dropping off my daughter to school. I was going out at 4:00 am, but it rained last night and it was freezing early this morning so I didn't want to take the risk of hitting black ice or anything like that. Again, those HotHands kept me warm. I did the usual. Two big ones in the front shirt pockets and two big ones on my biceps. I'm telling you guys and gals, these things are amazing. I did all highway averaging 80 mph the whole time and never felt cold. Even my hands didn't get cold because I can really feel the heat travelling all over my arms. I just open the vents on the bicep area a little to activate them. Oh yeah, the wind was gusting too especially when heading north on I 270. That was some serious headwind but it just made the ride more exciting. I think it was in the lower 30's when I left the house. Anyways, just wanted to share how good these HotHands really are. I don't need to spend hundreds of dollars on electric vests and gloves. And like I've said before, you can keep them in ziplock bags so it's ready for the next ride.

Dude...no pix? C'mon~you know how much we love to see the scenery!!!

And 242 miles makes for a VERY nice day. :beerchug:

Glad you had a good time, yo!

nice bro... that's what I did yesterday (although it was 55 degrees and sunny here :thumbsup:) on my day off... got in about 225 miles - it was AWESOME!!

glad to see I'm not the only one who suffers from this disease :whistle:

Sorry buys, no pics. My son brought the camera to school for their indoor track day. I apologize. Guys, I had no idea how well those HotHands work. I used to bundle up until I discovered these things. Now, I only have a shirt with front pockets, Under Armour to make the shirt snug, a fleece sweatshirt, and my leather jacket with liner and that's it. Oh, and to hold the HotHands in place on my biceps, I just used a rubber band on each one. If you guys haven't tried them when you're riding, I highly recommend them. By the way, she's close to 35,000 miles as of today. I put almost 5,000 miles since the beginning of September.

Last edited:
Back