This claim is just hawdabeleeve isn’t it?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
A guy has made the following claim as to the e.t. his son managed on a Kawasaki like mine. I just find it hard to see how, with such minimal mods, that a 10.12 e.t. is possible. W/O a pipe and a flash it has around 105-110 hp depending on which article you read, which is about what my CBX had and it’s best e.t. was in the low 11s. To me, my Z900RS feels just about equal in quickness as the CBX did, very very similar. I don’t think the CBX would ever run a 10.12 w/o some internal work, and neither would the Z. Whaddyathink?

”It has Brock's pipe, ecu flash, air filter & cf wheels.
The valve cover has never been off.
His best pass was a 6.52 1/8th & 10.12 1/4 mile”

The bike looks strapped and the pilot (does) look like he weighs about 120 pounds so maybe?

Last edited:
A guy has made the following claim as to the e.t. his son managed on a Kawasaki like mine. I just find it hard to see how, with such minimal mods, that a 10.12 e.t. is possible. W/O a pipe and a flash it has around 105-110 hp depending on which article you read, which is about what my CBX had and it’s best e.t. was in the low 11s. To me, my Z900RS feels just about equal in quickness as the CBX did, very very similar. I don’t think the CBX would ever run a 10.12 w/o some internal work, and neither would the Z. Whaddyathink?

”It has Brock's pipe, ecu flash, air filter & cf wheels.
The valve cover has never been off.
His best pass was a 6.52 1/8th & 10.12 1/4 mile”
It is possible with the wheels , and mods . 10.12 is Fking SLOW in 1/4 mile world . what was his 60' time , and trap speed . I'm guessing a 1.59 to 1.68 sixty with a trap speed of 132 m ph

It is possible with the wheels , and mods . 10.12 is Fking SLOW in 1/4 mile world . what was his 60' time , and trap speed . I'm guessing a 1.59 to 1.68 sixty with a trap speed of 132 m ph

I wouldn’t consider a ten second quarter to be slow. I wasn’t talking about a heavily modded bike with a pro rider. My point was where does the hp, the power, come from in a stock 948cc bike with only ignition, intake and exhaust mods, and in this case CF wheels? The P/W ratio with a very light (good) pilot, combined with simple mods is all I can think of. Even then though, an almost nine second quarter with stock internals? How much quicker do high hp modded liter bikes turn?

I know what the bike is CBX . Its prior sibling the ZRX 1100 , and 1200 both run high tens stock , and low tens with pipe / jet kit with just 125 to 130 RWHP weighing 510 lb avg . The RS is similar size / weight / power output . Looking at Broocks site the RS gains 30 hp at the fall off zone from 79 hp stock to 109 hp at same chart or rpm .

With a 134 mph trap speed that’s enough to go 9s. Seems far fetched but it’s possible for that bike to run 10s with some good go fast mods.

Kawasaki has always been fast with minimal modes they are heavily corked out of the factory. Bike and weight reduction with wheels and lighter pipe with minimal mods I can see this happening.

I wouldn’t consider a ten second quarter to be slow. I wasn’t talking about a heavily modded bike with a pro rider. My point was where does the hp, the power, come from in a stock 948cc bike with only ignition, intake and exhaust mods, and in this case CF wheels? The P/W ratio with a very light (good) pilot, combined with simple mods is all I can think of. Even then though, an almost nine second quarter with stock internals? How much quicker do high hp modded liter bikes turn?
Hi. Big HP bike went 6.37 at around 225 to 229 MPH. GSXR 1000. DME turbo.

that 11.06 ticket he missed a shift at the big end , and pulled the clutch in . Notice the 1/8 mile mph @112 mph ?? that was a faster run had it not gone a miss at the big end . 1.63 and 1.64 sixty foot times are a tad slow for the arm . I would expect 1.59 to 1.60 for the set up . However not knowing the clutch set up that could be the limiting factor on the sixty times

Back