Third Times the Charm!

JusPlaynBob

Registered
Guess who's back?... Back again!

The Story begins in a little town in the Annapolis Valley, of Nova Scotia, Canada.
In the Spring of 2000, the discovery Channel aired, a segment called Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcyles.

This was before widely accessible internet access, or Youtube.

I only saw the segment once... but, I was Hooked like a Junkie on Heroin.

I knew one day I would have one.

I was already an experienced Rider but, I hadn't been on a bike for several years.
At Thirty Seven years old, I'd owned my share of Sportbikes but, being without for so many years, there
became a certain urgency to try to salvage something from those years that I couldn't get back.

So, in 2005 I purchased a Gen II Katana 750. Basically, the Incarnation of the famed GSXR750 of 1985.

After a season back in the seat, I determined that I needed somthing a little more technically Superior so, in 2006
I bought the Sportbike of the year, a brand spankin' new 2006 GSXR750.
And for two seasons I took a great deal of time getting comfortable with the Modest power yet incredibly superior suspension characteristics.
All the while though, I kept thinking back to that Video I saw in 2000.

Up to then, I hadn't seen a Hayabusa in person until, one day at the Track, in rolled a Solid Black Busa.

Like staring at the Medusa... I instantly turned to stone. I could not take my eyes off of it.

It was at that point, the hunt began in earnest.

Within a few weeks I was on the trail, of a 2003 Canadian "Limited" solid black Busa.
Selling the GSXR at a bit of a loss, and digging deep... in Sept 2007 it was mine.

Over the next year life got difficult. Marital problems, and a Wife struggling with addiction, forced me to Sell
the object I most desired.
I needed finacial relief and a relief of Mental Stress.
...The Bike I waited for, what seemed like all my life was gone.

Over the next couple of years I was bikeless, with the exception of some old "Project Bikes"
just to keep me feeling as though I was part of the Motorcycling community.

In the Spring of 2009, things had stablized at home and I felt I could possibly, consider purchasing another Busa.

Well, as most of you know, when it comes to these Motorcycles, once you think about them, your hooked.
It becomes your sole obsession!
And with that I purchased a 2006 Silver and Blue Busa.

Only three months later, It was up for sale.... My Wife had left and I needed cash, to buy myself
out of trouble.
I bought the house out... and lived on Beans and Weiners for two years.

No Beer. No Chicks. No Bikes.
Just a Company Car and a handful of loyal friends. :)

Then last Spring 2011, I had an opportunity to go to the Dragon.
All I needed was a bike.

So in a moment of Hysteria, I bought a 2006 Yamaha MT01.
A Cool Looking Standard 1700 V-Twin, which I expected would be an awesome bike, which it was but,
It just wasn't for me.

For years I had imagined riding The Blue Ridge. Hitting the Twisties of the Cherahola Skyway, and of course, Taming the Dragon (lol).

But, it was supposed to be on a Busa!
I promised myself then, that next time would be on a Hayabusa.

I promptly made it back to Nova Scotia...sold The Yamaha and waited. And waited. And waited.... Until Now.

Today. I brought home my third Amazing Hayabusa.
One owner... all original except for a Muzzy pipe, and like brand new with only 3500 Miles on it.

Yes...Miles! She's an American Gurl.

Currently planning to Visit North Carolina and Tennessee in August, this time the way I was meant to get there.

Donations Gratiously accepted. :laugh:

Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles - YouTube

Cover (2).jpg

Congrats on the purchase, you have quite a story and a ton of patience. Great looking bike bro.

Im very happy for you, finally.Imust admit that you seem to be very patient but in the end you got your hayabusa.Now go hit that dragon:cheerleader An thats a real beauty you got there.

:welcome: back !!!!!!!:banana::banana::banana:

What a story....You should write a book about it....:laugh: "Chasing a Busa" by JusPlaynBob.....:thumbsup:

Nice Scoot :thumbsup:

Hey thanks for the Welcome Backs Guys.

It's certainly been quite a journey.

Here's just a brief Pictorial Biograpphy.

Some of you might remember a few of them.

Additionally, there is a ZX14 and a pair of Cuiser's mixed in there.

The last one is a Killboy Shot of Me at the Dragon last May, on the MT-01.

:laugh:

02 Katana 750.jpg

06 Gixxer 750.jpg

03 Busa Limited.jpg

06 Busa.jpg

06 MT-01.jpg

Back