Old Rider, New Busa Owner.

Stevolution

Registered
Hey all,

First off, some history... I've been riding for about 14 years and gone through countless bikes, ranging anywhere and everywhere from a 1992 Honda CBR600F2 to most recently a 2006 Gixxer 1K. I sold the Gixxer 1K a few years back when I went back to graduate school, and after 4 years... it's time for me to hop back on. Getting up there in age, I figured I'd want something a little more comfy and stable for touring. I've always bounced back between Honda and Suzuki, but Honda's cardboard seat doesn't do me so well anymore so I've decided to stick with Suzuki. Yesterday, I purchased a 2002 Hayabusa LE w/ 12k miles in absolutely MINT condition. It had purchase receipts, stock parts, maintenance records, and everything I could ask for. The seller was a middle aged man that was a tourer. He's had back issues and was going to have back surgery soon, so he went ahead and sold it. I paid $4000 for it (TX), which after looking at the resale value of the bikes sold here in the classifieds, didn't seem too bad. So now I'm just waiting for the weather to clear up a bit and take my first REAL joyride with the beast.

BTW, good lord this bike is HEAVY. I've always been able to kickstand-spin my bikes (even 1Ks) to get them out of tight spots, but I can't even get this thing up off one wheel. Any tips on how to get out of tight parking spots without doing a 20-point turn?:lol:

Welcome and congrats. Your new machine weighs in around 500lbs, a little tough to spin on the kick stand, but I have heard of others doing it. :welcome:

Someone had a video of spinning it on the kickstand. I'd make sure to have done the kickstand mod first. Prolly just have to muscle it a bit. I'm not gonna try it, but report back if you get it figured out! :thumbsup:

:welcome:

Welcome to the Org! Congrats on the new ride! Sounds like a great deal...now all we need is Pics! :-)

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

I've spun mine (Carefully) on the stand before, but can undertand how it might be a little more difficult for someone your size.

Welcome :welcome:

I'm 5'10", 225 - the extra weight gives you more counter balancing. Just drink more beer and it will get easier :beerchug:

Welcome :welcome:

I'm 5'10", 225 - the extra weight gives you more counter balancing. Just drink more beer and it will get easier :beerchug:

I've tried to gain weight for YEARS and nothing works... weight gainers, booze, McDonalds, etc. I just have a fast metabolism.

I'll get some pics up this weekend. She is about to get detailed =)

She may weigh a pretty penny standing there, but once moving...light as a feather and gliding like its running on rails.

:welcome:

Back