Thinking about pulling the trigger...

like everyone stated, you will regret that decision ... here is a saying I live by,
it is better to have it and not need it then to need it and not have it... so with that advise go buy a go fast part or some bling for her and tell her you were only kidden.

I am an upper level IT Director. I have been for quite a while at different companies, however my latest company is a 1 billion dollar in revenue company and we have 3 IT people ??? So as you can imagine, I am overworked :laugh:

I am trying to remedy that though :whistle:

Yea, in case you are wondering, I make a 6 figure salary, have 2 mercedes, 2 motorcyles, a 5600 sq ft. house, etc. The Busa is paid in full so money isn't this issue, a crappy job depressing me most likely is :rofl:

As with anything in LIFE, if you don't appreciate it, you lose it.
Sometimes, you might even lose it even when you appreciate/love it to death...that's when it hurts the most.
Take your pick.
If you give up the Hayabusa, at least you can say, "I've had the BEST.!"
If you want to keep it, you are in the position to say, "I've STILL got the BEST!"
Finally, ask your wife and do exactly as she says...then you can blame HER!
As for being TIRED...change your job it's called COURSE MANAGEMENT!
Good luck with your DECISION/Non-Decision......
One thing for sure, you can ALWAYS buy another HAYABUSA and love it just as much or even more!

Thanks Otto,

I am actually working on those very things as I type this. I am very thankful for what I have, I have worked very very hard for it too. Most of my 20's were spent without a dime to my name struggling by, so trust me, I have seen both sides of it.

I am rarely "content" with many things, always wanting to try something new. I have owned Kawasaki's :whistle: my whole life and would like to try a ZX-14, that is another reason I was thinking about it.

The busa is perfect, nothing at all bad to say about it, couldn't really ask for a better bike. The busa's look and instrument cluster has the 14 killed by a mile for sure. I would love to hear from someone who has a 14 to see what they think of it as compared to the busa.

Kingsport....Eastman? Hubbell?

It appears that money is not the issue for you, but time. Given the intensity of your job, having something to do that gets you away from the job and recharges your batteries would seem to be worth more than the cost of keeping/maintaining your busa. Some really great roads in your area minutes away. But, its still a choice only you can make.

I don't really get to ride as much as I'd like either, but I find that, even a short ride, helps me clear my head and makes me more productive.

skydivr,

Very very well said and I agree with you. No not Eastman or anywhere you would expect. It does help me get away, I need to ride back up to the blue ridge parkway near grandfather mountain. Something about that place just puts me at peace to look over the vastness that you see when you pull off the scenic overlooks there.

"... There are many like it, but this one is mine."

I went a year without mine, now that I'm back, I couldn't be happier. Make time for your baby and she'll make it worth it.

Youre not alone man. I have an 08 i bought in Jan 08 brand new and it only has 2500 miles on it. Work... *sigh* plus after all you and I have been through with these exhausts!!! You cant sell now! lol :rofl:

the suspect in question. No, my 13 year old daughter will not go with it if it is sold :laugh:

IMG_1296.jpg

Re: Thinking about pulling the trigger...or not

Hi JP, your daughter and bike looks fantastic. (My bike is the same colour)...
I have tested the ZX14 together with a friend who has a GSX1400. Something about the former simply didn't quite hit the SPOT. The ZX14 engine, compared to the Hayabusa Engine response and feel, definitely felt the lesser. "Sandy noises" came to mind...OK it was slightly more upright, which some people equate to being "more comfortable" and therefore prefer that. The Busa riding position is designed for what the bike was made for. If you want COMFORT, get on a Goldwing with Hi Fi and pillows. If the "Crouching Tiger" stance gets too much for you, try a set os HELI Bars...these just bring the bars SLIGHTLY higher and closer and more than ENOUGH to make it really comfortable...even for my 60 y.o. body!
Hat off to you for doing a great job with great pay. Sometimes, though, you need to smell the flowers a bit more perhaps, even if comes via a blast on your wonderful Perigrine Falcon!
Sounds a little like you might be slightly BORED too...so get rid of your luxury boat and luxury car(keep the Spirtfire and airstrip!) and get back to BASICS, which are the things which excite you the MOST. Get back to what you feel PASSIONATE about! The answer could be very simple and you will suddenly realise that your have managed to RECHARGE your CORE...which seems to me to be what the problem might be in the first place.
LIFE is TOO SHORT to be on the SIDELINES waiting to get onto CENTRE STAGE.
Look after your family and yourself and have a GREAT LIFE!

Otto,

Great post, you are right on just about everything. I think why I am bored is that I have no one to ride with.

I was just curious about the 14, honestly, if I sold the Busa tomorrow I would tell you that it is the most complete machine I have owned. The riding position, the power, etc. is fantastic. It isn't the bike, I am just bored and over worked.

Maybe I can find some locals to ride with.

Thanks again for the post.:beerchug:

Re: Thinking about pulling the ...?

Great JP,
Just beware of WHO you ride with though.
A riding buddy can really make your day, OR it might make you wonder you you even bothered...personalities I guess.
It's like golf...it's a most beautiful & fantastic game, but you know what(?), you also find some of the UGLIEST people on the golf course...(by that I don't mean their looks).
I have to say I never even thought I would own a Hayabusa. It seems just too "out there" for me...I thought a nice big Cruiser would suit my style...but was I WRONG!
Anyway, I now seemed to have "morphed" myself to my Busa and even in going nicely at the legal speed limit over some twisties, seem like poetry in motion. Just my "private" way of enjoying the bike I guess.

With IT people, the pressures are often so high and so unrelentless that they often come to a grinding halt. A best friend of mine is in the same field, earning a 6 figure sum...but he was happiest when he quit, went to live on a farm, designing his own computer game which he eventually sold successfully.

As luck would have it, they offered him to come back to work at an even better salary, so he's taken it. Somewhere though, he's admitted that the money is nice, but it's not exactly what he had in mind and that he was happier when he was on the farm doing his own thing.
OK enough from me...get out there and be "out there!", where the FUN IS.

Back