Thinking about pulling the trigger...

jpowell490

Registered
no not that trigger :rofl:

I am thinking about selling my 08 busa.... I work all the time and never get to ride it, when I ride I go 10 minutes away and just come back I am so tired. The bike is pretty much brand new and as you have seen from the pics, looks showroom if not better. A whopping 2600 miles on her.

Every time I walk into the garage though and look at it, I love it. Not sure what to do really.

I have an idea. I'll come over there and pick the bike up for a month or so. That way you can see how it is if you sell it.:thumbsup: If you can't stand it then I'll bring her back to you. Sounds like a solid plan.:whistle:

I am thinking about selling my 08 busa.... I work all the time and never get to ride it, when I ride I go 10 minutes away and just come back I am so tired. The bike is pretty much brand new and as you have seen from the pics, looks showroom if not better. A whopping 2600 miles on her.

Every time I walk into the garage though and look at it, I love it. Not sure what to do really.

Don't do it!!! You will miss your busa and you'll be miserable!!! My 08 was stolen and it only had 2600 miles on it when it happened (low miles due to various reasons; working out of the country, recuperating from surgery) I missed my busa so much I went and bought a new 09 the same day I received the insurance check. DON'T DO IT!!!

Like any hobby you have to invest in it to get any enjoyment out of it. Plan a trip, find someone you really like riding with, maybe take some advanced riding classes.

Sometimes I have to make myself put on all my equipment and pull the busa out of the garage. But after 5 or 10 minutes on her I have a grin from ear to ear and I don't want to get off.

If you're not sure you want to sell it then you probably don't want to sell it. When it was time to get rid of the other bikes I've owned I knew inside that I was through with them and it was time to sell.

Erik, That is pretty funny :rofl:

Yea, Trek, I think it is all the hours getting me. I moved back to TN for this job and it is a job from hell. Sometimes 30 hour shifts, extremely under staffed, etc.

Thanks for the input guys, I will think it over, I do love the bike.

Only do it if your going to get something you CAN enjoy.

Don't just sell to sell. Life is about fun, not $$ and sense.

Imagine a day you're very old. The nurse has just wheeled you out onto the veranda to sit in the shade. It's a nice day. Birds are singing. From a distance, you hear the sounds of a schoolyard. The guy in the wheelchair next to you says: "What do you miss most, about being young?" And you think about it. And finally, do you say: "I miss working overtime." Or do you say: "I had a motorcycle, once. I forget the name. It was a bird's name, I think. That goddamned thing. You can't imagine what it was like. You'd twist that handle and hold on for dear life. Dear life. It scared me, but it made me happy in a way I've never been before, or since. I don't think they even have such things, anymore. Too dangerous. And gasoline...That. That's what I miss..." And thinking a little more... "...and knocking it out with the old lady after I had my shower and the kids were asleep. Them two things. Them two, by far... How's about you?"

man i know your pain but just hang in there. if you have doubts then its because your not ready to part with her. i've had mine for 2 years and still only have 5k miles. just like you find time for your family, you need to find time for your busa :beerchug:

I feel for you man I couldn't imagine having a career that kept me from doing what I enjoy, I say keep it you never know what the future holds :thumbsup:

Sounds like you just need a good riding buddy or crew. Keep the bike and find yourself a bike night or some type of motorcycle event.

Without my Bikes!!Pull the trigger!!:laugh:

crazyfrog3nk.jpg

Maybe you can store it at a friends for awhile or so, kinda like erik said, but a little closer. See if ya want it back in a month, if not, tell him to put a 4 sale sign on it

Think about what you would do with the money, then think about what you would do without the Busa if it wasn't there when you feel like riding it, you'll end up replacing it at additional cost later, I bet.

Keep the bike and enjoy it when you can. I dont get to ride my Triumph much but Ill not be selling it, its there when I want it. Just my 0.02

Don't feel like your alone here fella. My 08 has only 1500 miles on it because I work so much. I had an 00 but sold it for that same reason and regret it all the time. If your financially sound and it's not a burden on you just hang on to it. You won't be dissappointed in the future when you just want to hop on and go foor a ride.

Erik, That is pretty funny :rofl:

Yea, Trek, I think it is all the hours getting me. I moved back to TN for this job and it is a job from hell. Sometimes 30 hour shifts, extremely under staffed, etc.

Thanks for the input guys, I will think it over, I do love the bike.

30 hour shifts? What in the good name of God do you do for a living?
If it ain't for yourself then why? Really? Man, I thought I worked a lot as a chef...
Since going "corporate" my life has really changed for the better. More structure, good income, time to enjoy my life, you know the important things.

Back