There and back...

pack mule

formerly known as rtgt
Registered
Arrived Thurs morning before lunch. I was trailering my bike with my wife, son and my wifes boston terrier along for the ride. I took them out to Fontana dam,thru the hellbender, and thru the dragon before heading across the parkway to our cabin. Stopped and talked to the photographer from US129 on the dragon about the pics and the weather. Just before we arrived at our cabin my truck started acting funny. I had to climb a few rather steep hills to get to the cabin and it seemed to have no power. The truck is a 02 Dakota RT so it has a 360 engine with a 3.90 rearend ratio, no problem with power here. Well, I unloaded the back of the truck took the bike off the trailer and planned to run into Pigeon Forge and get a bite to eat before hitting the dragon. PF was about 7 miles away, so before I even made it there the truck started to lose power, like the trans was slipping, the engine would rev for a second but no acceleration. I limped back to the cabin hoping it would pull the hills, which it barely did. Took the truck to the dodge place at 8am this morning, a bad O2 sensor and a blown intake gasket. The family was left at the cabin until about 2pm with only snack foods and I was out over $300. I was glad they could fix it on a Fri. with no app. because I didn't have any tools. After we ate and got back to the cabin it was after 3 and starting to rain. I had the cabin rented till Sun. but after blowing all the spending money on the truck and rain for tomorrow we packed up and came back home. Everyone had enough, no food for them, me sitting in the dealership all day and no money left to go shopping with. We had set aside the money for this trip over the last month or so. With me and her both in the construction field its hard to have any spare money these days and we both agreed to put nothing on a credit card just in case one of us stops getting a pay check. I was looking forward to meeting more of you this time but seems like I just can't catch a break anymore. Hope to be there in the spring, may just put on the backpack and leave everything else at home( truck, wife and dog, but mainly the truck). Ya'll stay safe, saw a can am in the ditch just past the overlook on the dragon, he was alive but didn't look to good.

Sorry to hear this. Hope all goes well with work and the truck.
Prayers sent for that.
Bubba

That's a bummer bro. I feel your pain. Sucks that you did what you had to in order to attend & the end result was disappointment. I had the Bash planned for months and at the last minute got bit in the arse financially and couldn't make it.

Good luck w/ the truck and hope to see you in April.

Yeah, the truck made it back ok, after all that time and money. If I'd been at home I would have fixed it myself but with no tools or a jack that wasn't happening. With only 73k on the truck and a full tune up about 500 miles ago who would have figured. I could have stayed and rode( a little gas and $5 lunch all that would've cost me) but my family would have been stuck at the cabin with nothing to do. My wife and son planned to go to Dollywood on Fri. then the outlets for a little shopping but the time and money went to the truck. I could have hit the atm but with the weather and blowing our budget, house payment due the first so that would be pushed back a week if I did withdrawal, just didn't think it was smart to stay. I still had a little cushion with us but didn't think it was wise to push it. There is always the spring event and the Central Peidmont Riders are thinking about an overnight trip up to Robbinsville in a couple weeks. Hope to catch everyone this spring. As a side note, did the prepay on the pictures so I can at least see ya'll having fun. :thumbsup:

Hmmm, might have to catch you guys in a couple of weeks, things didn't work out for me this weekend either.

I will do it. I've been riding with these guys all year. They usually have a big ride once a month, last month we went to Shady Valley. Another busa rider started the site. A couple gsxr's, r1's , and various other bikes are usually on the rides. I think they were 10 of us in Shady Valley. I had a m109r pacing me till he caught a peg pretty hard. I'll post up in the southeastern riders section as soon as I have a date.

Sorry that the trip did not go as planned, hope to see you in the spring :beerchug:

Back