There’s still good people in this world

My good neighbor and I saved an old lady neighbor recently by checking on her , she had been stuck on the floor for 4 nights , till I knocked . We got her an ambulance as soon as we discovered she was home .
I always give to needy , even junkies , I don't give a poop what they do with it , but I give it to them so they can eat !
Good trucker in the vid , and the girl rider needs some schooling with her bike stuff , but all good .

On my way to work the other day in a 100kmh zone, I spotted a mother duck with 4 little baby ducklings crossing the road and the traffic was medium, about one car every 10 seconds.
1540581829162.png

They were just meandering slowly and duckling pace and I immediately put on my hazard lights and slowed right down (car behind me slowed in time too)
They crossed in front of me and there was an oncoming car that looked set to run over them . . . I flashed my hi-beam continuously at him and he spotted the duck family just in time and narrowly missed them, phewwww!
They made it to the long grass and the irrigation ditch they call home, and all was well.
I drove away wondering how long they will last crossing a 2 lane 60mph road, and how often do they cross??
There needs to be flashing lights " DUCKS CROSSING SLOW the F*@K DOWN!!!!"

It sure was a good thing that the trucker was there to protect him
No, it was a 'her', and she got lucky that guy in the truck came along right then!
That sort of thing musty happen a fair bit on those busy freeways you guys have over there, I guess if it happened to me I would get off the bike the moment it stopped moving, put it on the sidestand and start waving the traffic down to make it possible to cross the lanes to get to the side.
How would you guys approach that situation?
I mean, assuming the car following sees your are slowing and broken down, and doesn't rear rend you.

On my way to work the other day in a 100kmh zone, I spotted a mother duck with 4 little baby ducklings crossing the road and the traffic was medium, about one car every 10 seconds.
View attachment 1586999
They were just meandering slowly and duckling pace and I immediately put on my hazard lights and slowed right down (car behind me slowed in time too)
They crossed in front of me and there was an oncoming car that looked set to run over them . . . I flashed my hi-beam continuously at him and he spotted the duck family just in time and narrowly missed them, phewwww!
They made it to the long grass and the irrigation ditch they call home, and all was well.
I drove away wondering how long they will last crossing a 2 lane 60mph road, and how often do they cross??
There needs to be flashing lights " DUCKS CROSSING SLOW the F*@K DOWN!!!!"

You did a great deed, I often do that with Deer around here.

But be careful, a lady did this in Canada with ducks and caused an accident with fatalities. She Was found guilty for causing the deaths

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...der-stopping-car-save-ducks-article-1.1838604.

So while we are on the subject,
why did the duck cross the road ?

Was he following
the chicken
or something ?

Laugh out loud !

No Jelly
I have not
been eating
Broccolli again . . .

Perhaps the question for everybody should be why ~ is it we continue to build roads where the chicken & ducks walk ?

LOL this thread has gone right around the block, and seems to snowball.

I ran a Tuna manufacturing operation on a little Island in the Pacific for a few years. The image above is very fitting. That is when I found out chickens actually fly pretty good when chased with a company SUV.

No, it was a 'her', and she got lucky that guy in the truck came along right then!
That sort of thing musty happen a fair bit on those busy freeways you guys have over there, I guess if it happened to me I would get off the bike the moment it stopped moving, put it on the sidestand and start waving the traffic down to make it possible to cross the lanes to get to the side.
I mean, assuming the car following sees your are slowing and broken down, and doesn't rear rend you.
Just thinking about breaking down like this makes me cringe. I guess it depends where it happens. When I lived in Miami, the closest highway was I95. It is bad!!!!!!!!!!!!! Imagine 12 lanes of bumper to bumper traffic, 6 going north and 6 south. You would be easily run over, unless you broke down while all traffic was stopped and the wacko behind you actually stayed put and protected you with his vehicle. There’s been several instances where people wrecked and decided to get out of their vehicles and run across several lanes of traffic to get to the shoulder and got killed. I now live within 15mins of the infamous I4. This road connects Tampa and Orlando running east to west across the state and last year was named the most dangerous road in the country. I spent two hours on it today and saw 4 multiple car wrecks. I would also hate to break down on that road, but at least most of it is only 3 lanes each way. I would hope that if my engine died, it would happen while moving at good speed, so I can just coast to the shoulder.

This still causes me to tear up....
A VA out-patient calls his sister and says I'm not doing well I'm losing blood etc please call the VA and get them to come help. She was calling and calling but could not get a live person and was panicking till on the 9th or so call a man answered saying he was Jimmy something or another and she told him all about her brother's need and she was cross country and they need to get out there and help him before it was too late. He said okay that is just a couple of towns over and he was leaving now and would call her form the hospital!
And then the Jimmy Johns subshop asst manager hung up the phone and hauled ass over to her brother's house and took him to the hospital and he is now in stable condition.

I have personally had this happen on my bike about 7 or 8 years ago. My tip over sensor bracket snapped while riding and the sensor fell while I was on the highway. I immediately felt the power drop out, pulled the clutch in and kept whatever momentum I had to get myself across 3 lanes. Phoned 3 friends who came and helped me push the bike 2 miles to get it home.

I have personally had this happen on my bike about 7 or 8 years ago. My tip over sensor bracket snapped while riding and the sensor fell while I was on the highway. I immediately felt the power drop out, pulled the clutch in and kept whatever momentum I had to get myself across 3 lanes. Phoned 3 friends who came and helped me push the bike 2 miles to get it home.
Says a lot about you that you have 3 friends willing to help you push a bike 2 miles....also says a lot about you that none of your friends have a truck.....:lol:

Looks like the truck driver only had 2 choices, block the lanes and help her...or run her over.
I guess he was having a good day.

Back