THE "STUNGUN" IS SICK...BAD SICK!!!

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
Haven't been around much lately got in a work cycle that kicked my butt and plus I think the site was having problems...

Anyway I posted that the actuator was broken on her and that I was having that corrected no other issues...Well my mech called and I knew it was bad when he said "Burk I was out testing"...Nuff said...Anyway he thinks he spun the bearings...The weather has been so bad here that I haven't been able to check on her...I took a day tomorrow and hope to find something out...

<!--EDIT|STUNNAH
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125438454 -->

That's where I'm kind of screwed...If there is a major issue do I want him to fix it or invest in a real motor???

Yeah, tough one. I don't have enough motor experience to know for sure, but I don't think I'd want to take a chance on something else going wrong.

Dang Bro' ... more bad news
sad.gif
I'm not techy enough to advise you either way, but I do wish you better luck whichever way you decide to go.

if you got a spun bearing engine will have to be completely taken apart...this is the best time to do any modification to the engine you want it will save you a few dollars down the road if you ever go to a bigger turbo...

when i got my turbo kit it sat around for a while until i had the money to buy rods and pistons...while i was in the engine i decided to replace all rod and crank bearing, it took me a while to finish but i was happy with the end result..money well spent...so far i have had zero problem with my setup..

ps. my motor is built to handle more HP than my velocity stage two kit will produce..

It would be best to strengthen everything you can while the motor is apart. If you are boosting, it's just a matter of time until you hunger for more boost, if your internals ae already upgraded it will be less of a problem......
Just my .02

None yet just dropped her off at the doctor today...He believes it to be a spun bearing and will tear into her by the end of the week...He has some bad intentions...Maybe this is a good thing...
laugh.gif

Still haven't gotten in the motor to see the damage...Hopefully tomorrow...Already thinking on this one...Falicon rods, JE pistons, base plate, adj cam sprockets...I know I'm leaving something out so feel free to offer up the ideas...

Back