The raising of "Old Glory"..woohoo!

Very Nice!

I love to see people flying a flag. When we lived in Navy Housing pretty much everyone flew their home state flag (we had our TX flag out front) and then the Navy had a huge flag pole in the courtyard for the US, Navy, and POW flags.

Beautiful! :thumbsup: :bowdown:

And thank you for putting the lights in. I don't know how many people I have pointed that out to that just stare at me.

Someday I will put one up in the front. For now I will just envy yours :laugh:

I was kind of waiting to see the picture of the kit... was not quite sure what would be in it.. :laugh:

Package deal here..

20ft 1 Piece<br> Tapered Flagpole Kit<br><font color=red><br>FREE SHIPPING!<font color=blue><br><font color=red>View Prices & Details<p>Our 20' Flagpole Featured on <br>HGTV & NBC "Three Wishes"

Light kit here..

Flag pole lighting kits

Install here..

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

Flag etiquette here..

FLAG ETIQUETTE

Anything else besides writing the damn check Randy?

r8

oh you mean I can get some Govt bailout money for this? John you are the best!! :rofl:

Very nice! :clap:

Don't add a bigger flag until the concrete has set for a week or more. You might end up with a leaning flag pole.

Don't add a bigger flag until the concrete has set for a week or more. You might end up with a leaning flag pole.

Actually the flag pole sits in the PVC pipe as shown.

006-1.jpg

You then add sand between the flag pole and the PVC pipe packing the best you can. Use wood shims to keep pole plumb.

010.jpg

Leave the end cap loose so as to add more sand as it settles. After a day or so top off with more sand then chalk top cap so as to keep out moisture.

The sand actually absorbs the vibrations in the pole from the wind. Concrete, over time, will eat right through the pole.

Install here:

INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS

r8

Last edited:
I'll try to get a lighted shot. I came home late last night and it was better than I had expected. Stunning. Beautiful! The light not only displayed the Flag but the Flag pole also.

Lord it looked great! Every neighbor has complemented us today. Everyone just loved the way it looked at night. People tooting horns and all.

I really am proud of it and more proud to display it.

r8

You have to consider this also.

American flagpole recommends flag sizes based on wind speed, pole height and the specific specifications per flagpole. Generally, the higher the expected wind speed, the smaller the flag size that should be flown.

r8

Looks good John. :thumbsup:

I'll work on a night shot. I have a 50 watt halogen on her now. :laugh:

Man, it looks great! You can see it from the end of the street both ways and from the cross street also.

Jailbait picked out the location in the yard and it's perfect. :thumbsup:

r8

Beautiful! :thumbsup: :bowdown:

And thank you for putting the lights in. I don't know how many people I have pointed that out to that just stare at me.

Someday I will put one up in the front. For now I will just envy yours :laugh:

I saw two (2) last night that were not lighted. :dunno:

Section 2
A. It is the universal custom to display the flag only from sunrise to sunset on buildings and on stationary flagstaffs in the open. However, when a patriotic effect is desired, the flag may be displayed twenty-four hours a day if properly illuminated during the hours of darkness.

I did not know this however until I read it again. Never to old to learn are we?

Section 3

N. The flag, when flown at half-staff, should be first hoisted to the peak of an instant and then lowered to the half-staff position. The flag should be again raised to the peak before it is lowered for the day.

On Memorial Day the flag should be displayed at half-staff until noon only, then raised to the top of the staff.

r8

Last edited:
About what I expected. Hard to snap a night time picture but you get the idea. The lights you see are across the street on the neighbors house.

r8

008-2.jpg

005-2.jpg

Last edited:
Back