**  happy july 4th!  **

omslaw

Michelle owns my Busa
Staff member
Administrator
Happy 4th of July everyone!

Please have a SAFE and enjoyable Independence Day holiday!

Also,
beerchug.gif
to all those who are serving and have served in the military!

Finally, some special thoughts go out to those who are serving our Country and are away from their loved ones during this time!

Thanks for all you are doing!

Happy 4th of July everyone!

Please have a SAFE and enjoyable Independence Day holiday!

Also,  
beerchug.gif
 to all those who are serving and have served in the military!

Finally, some special thoughts go out to those who are serving our Country and are away from their loved ones during this time!

Thanks for all you are doing!
Ditto!! Happy 4th!!

Don't forget that today might be a shuttle launch for any space fans out there.

2:38 p.m. EDT
NASA TV

<!--EDIT|Mitja
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151995753 -->

Anyone want to ride down to the mall for the fireworks show??? There certainly will be tons of traffic in and out of DC

+ 1000
be safe thank someone from the military today and every day

You beat me to it OMS..... But, Happy 4th everyone! Be safe.

This is a very bitter/sweet time for old Postal. My Dad's birthday is today, and if he were alive he would be 86 years old. He died in 1975 at the age of 55, when I was only 15. You all would have loved Dad, and he would have loved hanging with you guys. He was a true gear-head. Dad raced stock cars, micro-midget (sprint) cars, boats, and who knows what all else, all back in the late 40s - early to mid 50s. In the years of my youth (I was born in 59) he only served as a tow truck driver at the local stock car and sprint car races in the IL-MO area where I grew up. You see, he gave up racing after almost getting killed in a speed boat accident in the mid-50s. My dad loved racing, and I know he would have loved our Hayabusas! My dad loved people too, and he was quite the cut-up. He was also very compassionate and caring. I have a trophy that the local racing organization gave my Dad for saving the life of a race car driver at a local stock car race.  He pulled the guy from the burning car while others just stood by. That was my Dad though.

I hope I haven't bored you.  I just wanted to share a part of my life with you guys in what this day means to me, as well as what it means to me for this great country that we live in. God bless America! And dad, I know you are in Heaven, looking down on all of us Busa gear-heads, so I hope I have made you proud as a happily married husband of 19 years, father of two great kids, and a true gear-head.

Take care everyone, and like I said, be safe out there!

Postal.

Here is a pic of my Dad at Tri-City Speedway, Granite City IL, around 1970, pushing a sprint car to get it started (for those of you who don't know, that is how sprint cars are started to this day). Enjoy!

Here is a link to see modern-day Sprint cars in action:
http://www.racingone.com/slideshow.asp?ssid=926

<!--EDIT|Postal
Reason for Edit: None given...|1152041458 -->

Dad.jpg

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY TO EVERYONE!!!!
Here's a little reading for you...

“The colours of the pales are those used in the flag of the United States of America; White signifies purity and innocence, Red, hardiness & valour, and Blue, the colour of the Chief signifies vigilance, perseverance & justice. The Olive branch and arrows denote the power of peace & war which is exclusively vested in Congress. The Constellation denotes a new State taking its place and rank among other sovereign powers. The Escutcheon is born on the breast of an American Eagle without any other supporters [figures represented as holding up the shield] to denote that the United States of America ought to rely on their own Virtue."

<span style='color:blue'>A more sentimental view...</span>

Our Symbol of Freedom

The majority of us know:

The stars represent the 50 United States
The 13 stripes represent the original 13 colonies  

Here is the deeper meaning and an understanding of why this is our symbol of freedom:

The RED represents all the blood that has been spilt for our country's freedom
The WHITE represents the purity of our country, keeping it free and pure from enemies and terrorists
The BLUE represents the military
The goal of the BLUE is to never let the RED spill into the WHITE

Happy Independence Day everyone!
smile.gif

Be careful with the fireworks!!  
AAAssjani.gif

Don't over do the
all_coholic.gif
 while celebrating our  
brave.gif
,but have a great time just the same!!!  
biggrin.gif

be safe today while riding, cooking on the grill, or lighting fireworks.  Happy Independance Day.  YOU CAN'T SPELL HAYABUSA WITHOUT <span style='color:red'>USA</span>.

Hope everyone had a nice 4th, and God Bless all the men and women who served and are serving in our military forces. And Postal, nice words and a great picture of your Dad. May he rest in peace.

Back