The raising of "Old Glory"..woohoo!

runeight

why ask why
Donating Member
Registered
*please allow full posting*​

To all who fought for our freedom..

To all who made the ultimate sacrifice..

To all who are now serving..(for you MCM)

To all who will serve..

THANK YOU!

r8

016.jpg

Last edited:
I have wanted a Flag forever but always found something else to buy. This time it was top priority.

The story..

Ordered the Flag kit on line and one week later it arrives from Virginia.

Doyle, is that you?

006.jpg

Bring her back good buddy..

007.jpg

We unpacked the flag and did some pre-assembly..

009.jpg

008.jpg

Since the Flag requires lighting to fly at night we ran some wire in PVC pipe..

002.jpg

Jailbait said put it here..

001.jpg

Here? Yes, right here..

005.jpg

r8

Last edited by a moderator:
Continuing on we dug the hole and used ten (10) bags of concrete mix ensuring things stayed plumbed..

005-1.jpg

Buried the wire..

003.jpg

Leaving the light unfinished to adjust the spot at night..

011.jpg

Leave it setup for two (2) days..

007-1.jpg

Then you set pole and pour sand between the PVC pipe and flag pole. I have added sand once already as it settles. The reason you use sand is to absorb the vibration in the pole from the wind. I paid $85.00 more for powder coating. Well worth it.

010.jpg

Slide down the cover (not pictured) and hoist "Old Glory!

016.jpg

013.jpg

Bending in the wind..

012.jpg

The end.

r8

Last edited:
I had one at my last house. I actually miss it.

did you know you can buy and American flag that was flown over the United States Capitol Building?

Check it out

Red white and blue through and through!! nice job John.... and now..

John I am going to save you now...

first post... you bought a FAG kit? and then follow with "Bring er back good buddy" :rofl:

calling anyone "good buddy" over a CB is tantamount to calling them the "rump ranger" :rofl: breaker breaker good buddy? :laugh: (I would skip the next truckstop if you do this on the road.. :rofl:

Red white and blue through and through!! nice job John.... and now..

John I am going to save you now...

first post... you bought a FAG kit? and then follow with "Bring er back good buddy" :rofl:

calling anyone "good buddy" over a CB is tantamount to calling them the "rump ranger" :rofl: breaker breaker good buddy? :laugh: (I would skip the next truckstop if you do this on the road.. :rofl:

I fixed the misspelling LOL

Just spitballing here, but I dont see John spending a whole lot of time at the local truck stop.:whistle:

Back