The New Chevelle

mcoyote

Registered
So, I'm wondering where all this is going. Human reaction time, known suspension designs, and tire technology can't hack much more area under the torque curve, and more top speed is just silly. Maybe the technology will improve, who knows. But not so long ago (before '99) there was the mighty ZX, the GSXR, etc. all of them taking sideways stabs at being the brick house, the mighty-mighty, ass-kicking sport bike. Some could handle, some were fast, some were pretty.

But then Suzuki said: "Mmmm...not quite, fellas. More like this."

And there it was. And it made some go
biggrin.gif
and some others go
mad.gif
and still some others thinking
wow.gif
, etc.

That war is won -- and over. The manufacturers are facing real limits that are not about engines -- hyper speed stability and handling, wind resistance vs. ergonomics, road-holding with head-splitting torque, etc. IOW, maybe we're there. I mean, it's like an eerie silence, like riding to work at 5am on a fall morning. Though a few have made vain attempts, most manufacturers I suspect just don't care about this segment. The big BB. The dreadnaught.

Now they're after replicas and road courses, and gimmicky, purpose-built sport-tourers.

In ten years, then, there will be nothing like the 'Busa being built, because nobody will seem to want it (Suzuki might actually build the bike still, but only because the tooling's already paid for).

But then, in twenty years, they're gonna look back and wonder...

...What was that freak of nature that gave my CBR an ass-beating back in '03? Maybe I could find one of those.

<!--EDIT|mcoyote
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094100700 -->

Nice read Coyote  
biggrin.gif
It does seem that the big bikes are starting to reach a velocity point where maybe the semi-experienced riders senses are not gonna quite keep up. I've ridden/owned some pretty quick machines...I thought...but the Busa has tested my senses and reactions quite abit recently
wow.gif
I'm wondering if maybe human reactions might start to be a factor?

Never quite thought of it like that mcoyote...
rock.gif

That would be pretty cool down the road when the bikes we have now, are the classics.  The people who first bought Chevelles never thought about them being collectibles.

Hell, my dad used to run dirt track stock car races with a...Ready for this?...1969 Chevrolet Camaro that he gutted, cut the fenders back, and full roll cage.  He's still got pictures of him sliding around the track, and when he looks at them, he's like..."If I only would have known..."

That's just it.  You never know.  
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|stkr00
Reason for Edit: None given...|1094124350 -->

Mcoyote Smoked a fatty!!!
biggrin.gif
Went to the garage and got inspired....

Good thought Mcoyote, and I dunno, I think you might be onto something... I mean It's allready recieved more than it's share of press. I mean no where neer the press of a Fagety Assed Ducati but still a ton of press... So who knows... It's definitely unique, and will prolly be considered a classic in 30 years.

Interesting take for those of us only living in the present...
smile.gif

So, I should start stockpiling Busas for the museums...and the guys that 30 years from now will be looking up "Suzuki Hayabusa" on the web to see what the hoopla was all about...pretty interesting...
rock.gif

Back