Looking at joining the Busa family...

Bullitt995

Registered
I'm looking at either a Gen II with some minor mods (exhaust, under tail, maybe a swing arm) or a turbo Gen I. I'm really particular about what I want with the turbo bike (RCC, built motor, not a show bike, etc) and I know it will be more expensive. I've built turbo street/race cars for years now and I know how stupid some people can be. Any advice to go one way or the other? I'm a really big guy (6'6" @ 240) if that makes any difference.

Thanks guys. :thumbsup:

They're very different.

I personally could not decide, so I must recommend that you get both. :laugh:

JUST DO IT! :beerchug:

I agree, Both is the only way to go. That way you can tell all your friends that you have the best of two worlds.
:laugh:

If it means anything, I chose the Gen II because in many articles is was said that the Gen II walks away from the Gen I. Not sure how much it walks away, but with the Gen II power and later on an upgrade to a turbo you can't go wrong. Also, :welcome:

I have to live with this unfortunate situation:laugh: :poke: J/k - feel blessed!
If I had to choose, the turbo wins every time.:bowdown:
Suspension/brake, etc. upgrades and you are all caught up to the gen 2.
The gen 2 is a more refined bike,having said that, the original has not aged badly at all. If you owned a gen 1, and never rode a gen 2,you would think it could not get any better.
If you think you will get used to the power of a gen 2 then def. go turbo!:cheerleader:

Good Luck, either way you have made a good decision.Can't beat a win-win situation! Let us know your answer.:thumbsup: :beerchug:

I am buying the Gen II, but I tell ya, I saw a couple of brand new 2006 busas in the showroom that were leftovers and they are still extremely nice. I don't think you could go wrong with either.

Now if drag racing is what you want, go with the one with the turbo as people have said. No way a stock Gen II would keep up with a Gen I with a turbo.

:welcome:

There is more maintence involved.Plugs and oil changes,dirty air filters(mine is good for about 5,000 miles,inside bodywork) etc.
Basically keeping an eye on things,its custom so that adds more variables to the stock set-up.If you have a car back ground, its more or less the same.:beerchug:

Just do it!! You have to decide on what you really want to do with the bike. Both bikes would be really nice to have, but it will be a hard decision. I would get the turbo 'Busa. :thumbsup::beerchug::thumbsup:

Back