The Hayabusa turbo system is here!

Nothing Mr. Turbo sells is a resell. They develop all in house. The kit is here in my garage right now, and I took those photos at 10:00pm last night.

The thing is physically done... and is being produced. The final stages of the fuel system are being developed right now.

The stock fuel system will make about 250 horsepower, we've got to get the tuning right. An aftermarket box and injectors will take you wherever you desire...

Only one small trim to the fairing is required (opening up the vent on the left side a bit more then stock... to clear the intake hose. Nothing else is sacrificed!

The unit is a Rajay.

In my opinion, not that of Mr. Turbo, the Aerochargers are great but they are limited in boost and horsepower. Also, from experience, the built in wastegate is not that strong and I'd rather have an old reliable unit myself.

Variable vane compressors, you've been reading too many books... What's the point of this exercise? Horsepower is not an issue, you turn the screw in for more, out for less. Boost is instant, and there's no lag - it runs like a stocker up to boost because of the EFI system. You can build more power with this system then the motor could hold with very little effort.

An intercooler can be used if you do a bunch of removal of stuff in the front end. To use an effective size unit, the headlight and speedo cluster would have to go. For 99% of the applications, where boost is let's say 15 pounds or less, you really do not need one! There's those who will argue, but it's a mood point.

The reality is that 10 pounds of boost or less is what most people will use. That will put you into the 250 HP (or more) range... and that's more then enough for the average joe. You could adjust it down to the 200 HP range, or over 300 if you wanted to!

We're currently trying to make the STOCK EFI work without problems, and it's going very well. An upgrade to the system would be a replacement EFI unit with different injectors (the stock ones will flow about 250 HP max). Another upgrade would be a multi-stage boost system.

To DRAGBIKE_dot_COM: Point of "variable vane" is for boost to come on sooner. Makes transition smoother, and cuts down. or eliminates turbo lag. Throttle response is right now, well before wide open. Can fell difference even at less than quarter throttle. Just "feels" like bigger motor. ........ Turbo Lag: Myself, and others experianced this in the 1980's. Turbo lag was so bad in OEM bikes, such as GPZ 750, and Seca 650, that overall et was better (quarter mi.), with the non turbo versions. I noticed a lot of dragbikes, including my brother, had much top end, but was hard to launch ......... ..Also, the transition was so extreme, that bike would either be too rich on bottom end, or too lean on top. Variable seems to make it much easier to jet..... I have V.V. setup on Harley. Boost on that is right now, no lag. Just "feels" like a bigger motor. At a local dyno shoot out, torque was comparable, on low end, to stroker motor. I had 10 more hp, and 1000 more rpm available, on top end. This was with a stock 80 inch motor. ............ ...V.V. worked so well on this bike, I would like to see one on Busa.

c.dolan The problem with the variable vane (Aerodyne) turbo is that at 225hp it is maxed out. It is to small for the busa and the next size up is to big in physical size to fit on the bike. The Garret was made for a 180 hp dodge motor so is also to small.
How about twin Aerodyne turbos!!!

Turbo Rick

c.dolan
Here's a thought on your turbo problem. Turbos run off of heat. When you lowered the compression, you lost some EGT. Try changing to a lower aspect ratio on the turbine side. This might bring it back to speed. Just a thought. Good luck.

To Turbo Rick: Have situation, even Aerocharger doesn't have answer, on. 80 inch Harley, made 11 psi, with stock motor, and compression. Got some headwork done, and lowered compression from 8.5 to 1, down to 7:1, in hopes of running more boost. Now, it only makes 8 psi, even if I disconnect regulator. Where did my boost go, and how to correct ? ......... ..With only 85 psi cranking, bottom end is ok, but seems to be "lazy" in getting higher boost. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

c.dolan
Did you check out all the other normal things that mess with turbos, fuel system, air cleaner, leaks, etc? How's your fuel mixture? Did you re jet after you did your heads?

One of the easiest things to do with a turbo is to change the turbine housing. Most will have the A/R stamped on the casting (1.30 .95, .86, .72, etc) if you go smaller, it will pick up some (turbine) speed. The trade off is that you have a more restrictive exhaust system, and you can also **** the wheel, resulting in failure. In the past, I've gotten housings for around $150-$100. You have to make sure they are the same configuration, on center, or off center, and use the same style of clamps and fasteners. But other than that it's pretty easy.

Is your exhaust wrapped or coated? If not, you might try a little header wrap. I know it looks bad, but it's a cheap way to see if you get a little (.5?) boost back.

c. dolan
I`ve messed araond with Aerochargers a couple years ago and to increase the boost I chimsed up the spring with spacers or a stronger spring but then the stop settings become very sensitive and took some effort to get it right.
As the varieble vane controller is more complex than a standard wastegate it takes some time to set up right.

Back