The first mods for a K8

Z28McCrory

Registered
Im just curious what some of you guys are doing as the first mods on your K8's. Mine now has ~220 miles on it, and it looks like bad weather will have me parked for a couple days.

So far im considering the following:
1: Rear "Fender" Delete - Just take that big bulky reflector/plate mount off and make a new bracket and light for the license plate
2: Remove the side reflectors that hang above each of the factory cans
3: Remove the reflectors off the lower front forks
4: Get "Frame Plugs" to clean up the look a little bit

All of those are appearance mods obviously. Most are cheap or free. I have a couple hundred bucks sitting here that i would like to put into the bike and im just curious of what you guys did first?

When i had my R1, people would rebaffle/pack the factory cans and it would give the same benefit of a slip on. Has anyone done this on a K8? I know the factory cans are ugly, but this bike is so damn quiet...

I have also been looking at frame sliders, but am a little hesitant to take a hole saw to my fairings.

Do people gut the cats on these bikes? Is there a "smog blockoff plate" mod like people did to the R1's like i had?

Do aftermarket filters make much of a difference? What is the main difference between "race" and "Street" filters.

Kick stand mod.
thumb_up.gif

Is the kick stand mod really needed on the 08? I dont seem to have any problem with mine wanting to fall in the wind. Considering it would have to be over a 100mph to move 500lbs.

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Kick stand mod.[/quote]

Nah just leave it in gear

Mods
1 bar risers
2 Double Bub screen
3 Cans
4 Rear fender

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:
<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
Kick stand mod.[/quote]

Nah just leave it in gear

Mods
1 bar risers
2 Double Bub screen
3 Cans
4 Rear fender[/quote]
I want to say that I like the order put there, except for the cans, I like the silent roar of the bike like it is.

++1

thumb_up.gif

Mods So far 997 Miles
1. Removed Passenger Seat For Hump
2. Installed Scorpio I900 Security system with perimeter sensor
3. Lastly get used to riding the busa(Back ache,Knee aches, and Elbow aches) I'm 6'8"

Mods to do.
1. Buel pegs
2. Handle bar risers
3. Taller wind screen
4. Yoshi Exhaust
5. HID's
6. Mirror Extensions
7. Different Seat
8. Turbo If i get bored

At 6'8" you shouldn't need risers, unless your arms have the tensile strength of balsa wood.

I'm 6'3" with a 78" wingspan and it keeps me fairly upright on the Gen 1 stock set-up. For shorter folks I understand.

Just PM'd the guy to see about ordering that Buel peg mod kit.

Im now looking at risers. IM 6'3" and it seems like it would help a lot with comfort. Should i go 3/4" or 1 1/4"... any problems with either? What is a good brand?

huh, I've just been educated. I saw threads on Buell pegs and thought 'WTF?" without ever opening the threads. Why would I want to change my foot pegs? Now I know. I'll be doing this mod now.

Back