The busa is down and I was bored and wanted to go racing so. So why not a vtx ???

Raced Guy

Registered
So i have the motor out of my real street bike, had some issues with plugs stripping out in the head and not sure why but sunday was a local bike day and i was bored. So i took my old mans 03 vtx 1800 out for the first time just to see if i could beat up on some harleys and the likes. I ended up running some other bikes for local guys so i didnt get much practice on the vtx but the land boat went a best of 12.3 so i dialed it in for the 12.5 class. I ended up going i think it was 6 or 7 rounds for the W on the old vtx. It was alot of fun and ended up also running a big motor warrior,a nitrous gix 1k and was supposed to run a 14 but ran out of time. Heres a vid of the tank,its all stock, guy in the right red lit
- vtx 1800 drag racing[/url] :beerchug:

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: The busa is down and I was bored and wanted to go racing so. So why not a vtx ??

Sounds like you had a good time...

Re: The busa is down and I was bored and wanted to go racing so. So why not a vtx ??

you had some speed...i have made passes with the same speed at 9.72 in the quarter....pretty impressive

your father is gona kill you if he see's this video:poke:

somthing dont sound right, 12.39 over 130mph?

I rode my neighbor's VTX1300, not much difference between it and the Busa! :laugh:
Got spooked when I pulled out of the neighborhood, barely leaned making the turn and scrapped the floorboard.

Lol no it wasnt 130, it was 104 my mom is used to watching sport bikes not an 800 pound tank. It was 12.3@104. The best part is my dad was there, he was curious as to how it would do and in comparison to the big cruisers its rivaled with, and it was the fastest ! I have seen an average of 12.5s for the vtx and i think if i had a chance to push it i think 12.0s-12.1s arent out of the question.

:thumbsup:

ok 104mph sounds better, and yes the vtx1300 will scrapp like crazy.Ive got an 05 and Ive logged 49000+ miles on it with no repairs.great bike for short cruzing. runs good to 100mph then lays down at 117-120 deppending on the wind :rofl:

Ill tell you though, it was a very weird feeling going from my r1, to a drag warrior, then a slammed stretched 1k, then back to the vtx.

it can actually be dangerous, I"ve ridden the busa and then jumped on the vtx and caught my self running up on turns way to fast. After the busa the x is like trying to corner a school bus.:laugh: I guess it would be best to ride the x first

Back