The busa got a new stable mate today!!!

There is no "snobbishness" either. You have a nice bike that you like, that's all that matters. You just can't compare apples to oranges.:beerchug:

thats true. The only thing that matters is what we like for ourselves and thats it. Also what thread are you talking about

may have to do that. LOL maybe it just feels that way because it a totally different setup. It dont matter we all know which one is faster:laugh::whistle:

It TOTALY has to do with the set-up, ever been on a little 50 ? I swear those things will do at least 110 mph :laugh: I will say this, when riding with my Pop, if he jumps on it from a start, I have to get on it to catch up. But, by the time I catch up I have to get on the brakes pretty hard....."WHOOOOAAA HORSEY, WWWWHHHOOOOAAAA :laugh:

Well It does have more tq than the busa. they have 99 lb-ft stock and in its current state i woulds say it probably at about 110 or so. Where as the busa only has about 103-105. If i were cruizin top gear on both bikes at 70mph the harley would get the busa for a few seconds i think.

You are very much mistaken. 99n.m, not 99 ft. lb. That equates to about 73 ft.lb. You can attribute the feel to riding position and engine configuration. Sit as upright as you can on the Busa and wack the throttle open. It will want to pull you back pretty hard also. The Harley has only two pistons. That is a lot of weight to be throwing around. So of course it will have more torque lower than the busa, not more total torque. Torque peak comes in much higher on the busa, around 7000 at about 98 ft. lb. At seventy in top gear, keep in mind that the Busa isn't even in the power yet. The Harley will not rev as high or as fast as the Busa. Apples to oranges. What is important is that you have a bike that you are happy with. Nice find, she is a looker.

Last edited:
You are very much mistaken. 99n.m, not 99 ft. lb. That equates to about 73 ft.lb. That is a lot of weight to be throwing around. So of course it will have more torque lower than the busa, not more total torque. At seventy in top gear, keep in mind that the Busa isn't even in the power yet. What is important is that you have a bike that you are happy with. Nice find, she is a looker.

Ya know i didnt notice that it was n.m. Thats my bad (guess im not always right) :whistle:. Also i know they are 2 totally different setups. Thats why i said it might get the busa for a second or two then the Busa will blow it away when it get into the power & tq. Hell its probably only making 80-82 ft.lb.'s LOL poor harley. It is an awsome bike and i cant wait to start riding it.

You are very much mistaken. 99n.m, not 99 ft. lb. That equates to about 73 ft.lb. You can attribute the feel to riding position and engine configuration. Sit as upright as you can on the Busa and wack the throttle open. It will want to pull you back pretty hard also. The Harley has only two pistons. That is a lot of weight to be throwing around. So of course it will have more torque lower than the busa, not more total torque. Torque peak comes in much higher on the busa, around 7000 at about 98 ft. lb. At seventy in top gear, keep in mind that the Busa isn't even in the power yet. The Harley will not rev as high or as fast as the Busa. Apples to oranges. What is important is that you have a bike that you are happy with. Nice find, she is a looker.

+100 on the seating position, makes so much difference and probly why most harley riders think they are faster than us. I have done that on the busa and its crazy.

Not a fan of harleys or most cruisers but im glad you are happy with it :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Back