the .60 caliber email...

BusaCruise

speachless
Donating Member
Registered
anyways...my father passed this along to me. you may or may not have seen this in you inbox recently....or in the past.
dunno if it's real...but it's still funny.

here's the skinny:
For all you hunters, a must have................

The pistol every homeowner needs--60 Caliber.

This video is basically a "show and tell" custom-built Thompson Encore (a fancy version of the Thompson Contender). The Caliber: .600 Nitro Express.

That's right... An elephant gun round in a handgun. The story goes that the guy that built it, is a custom gun maker. He built this as an Exhibition piece. He took it to the range just to show it off, and the big guy (in the video) that shot it had been bugging the builder to let him shoot it.

Now think about this... Only until fairly recently (the early to mid '80's) the 600 Nitro Express was hands-down the biggest, nastiest, hardest hitting, and heaviest recoiling weapon you could buy. It was designed for only one purpose... to knock an elephant flat on its bu tt.

The pistol was really built not to be fired, but as an exhibition Piece!
This cartridge is known for breaking collarbones, arms, and shoulders of shooters!

Consider this. In the world of firearms, dealers and aficionados use what is termed "recoil index" to give prospective buyers or friends an idea of what a gun's kick is like.

A 30-06 gets a rating of a 1.0, which for many people is about the limit of what they can shoot multiple rounds through comfortably. A .243 is rated at a .4; a 270 is rated a .8, etc. The .600 Nitro Express is rated at a 9.4... i.e., 9.4 times more punishing power than a 30-06.[/Quote]

Now watch the video.

MOVIE LINK

Ouch
SHOCKED.gif
and cool
super.gif

SHOCKED.gif
what a moron, why would anyone even attempt that?
laugh.gif
it's funny watching him try

Gun[/url]

Here is you another one to enjoy! That has got to hurt!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back