The 500 mile break-in period sucks

yeah, like others have said, 5.5k (as per break-in instructions, it is 5.5, not 5) in sixth gear should be right around 100-105. Unless you have that weird 100hp limmited euro model. I dunno about that one.

now I know why I do not buy "used" sport bikes... :rofl: "ride it like you stole it" I have always figured the factory has to warranty problems on these things.. if they want you to take life easy for the first 500M there may be some reason for it.. I did not get paid millions to design the thing so can not guess what is up...

I did pay a lot of $$ for the machine however... tend to respect the guys that designed it myself.. (probably makes little difference if you are going to dump the bike in a year or 2 anyway but I tend to put a lot of miles on my bikes before selling)

Man i thought I read that you could not go past 5RPM and 50MPH damn I was wrong. Thats where the 50 MPH came from. I got 110 today on the way home. Not so bad after all.:laugh:
Ant

I have 26000 miles on my 02 that is still in the garage and i rode it hard from day one and never have a problem with it. i change the oil every 2-3000 miles and i have been using mobil one senthetic since 3000 miles. my 08 i put mobil one in it at 2000 miles.... ride it the way u are gonna ride it.. hence "ride it like u stole it"

:welcome: and enjoy the bike.

I must confess I got away from the break-in period one time:rulez:. Let me explain I was doing the max break-in speed (100MPH) on the autobahn just cruising and this Audi pulled up beside me and after a few seconds took-off:moon:. I just shrugged my shoulder holding tight to my break-in regiment. He did this again. I could not resist I pulled past him at 130mph :laugh:and it was on. We raced for about 7 miles my top speed was around 155, :cheerleader:145 steady. The white lines became solid, my judgement time shortened and my adrenalin was pumping. I LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT:beerchug:. It was either a A6 or A4 Audi. I could not say who won because I came to my exit and pulled off. I was in front when I pulled off. I just cold not pass this opportunity up. I will get back to the break in until around 350-400 miles. Just wanted to share this with my Busa Brothers.
Ant

Back