Improper break-in consequences

NightCrawler

Love all. Trust a few. Do wrong to none.
Donating Member
Registered
To make a long story short, I'm at 110 miles on my Busa, and am a very impatient man. What are the consequences of getting it above 5000rpm (maybe to 10,000rpm) before the 500 mile break-in period is reached
devil.gif
?

Nothing much on the new age engines that we use... IMO!!

I have never adheared to the 5k RPM on Elenor, but alsomade sure that I dont run her at the same RPM for a prolonged period!!

Thanx to all but a special thanx to BusainSD for the link. It says run it hard for the first 20 miles (which I have already passed) but I'm nowhere near the 500 mark. Oh well, better late than never.

As a metter of fact, I think that link should be pinned for all future ~new~ Busa buyers to see. In the long-run it will help them out.

The saleman I bought my bike off of races Gixxer 750's and he stated that there is no need to follow the strict guidlines in the manual....just don't redline it right away....

I also have heard from many guys I work with with many many more years of wisdom (I'm a young aircraft mechanic) that running it at different RPM around the city is way better than just chuggin along on the highway....so what I did was ride it around town for about 30-40 minutes getting the rpms up around 9K every once in a while but keeping it mainly low....when I would shut down I would not start the bike back up until it had fully cooled down....

Just be sure to change the oil and filter as any metal along the cyl walls and the rings them self have been shaved down a bit and may be in the oil....I know how tough it is to keep the RPM's down especially when you have the baddest bike in the world...My wife and I have had 5 bikes and have yet to break in completely to manufacturers specs, and everyone has been fine....good luck and enjoy...

Hey spigga, I used motomans procedure. You gotta change that oil now! Don't baby it,man! They don't like to be babied! Mine doesn't run nearly as well when I nice it around town!

Back