That Emeril Lagasse guy got nuthin' on Da' Rubb

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
No Sir...he got nuthin'. All the greats will tell ya,you've got to start with fresh ingredients when yer cookin' for folks.
OK,grab some chicken,that was just cluckin' maybe a couple days ago.My local source. I'm going with my teriyaki. Fresh honey from local bee's,fresh garlic,ginger,smoked paprika,pepper in a nice bath of Tamari (a step above yer average soy sauce) Let that sit a couple hours.

d1.jpg

Now to be impressive,you gotta come up with one or 2 unique sides. I'm going with locally made Kimche which is actually Korean sourcraut,eat yer heart out @Berlin Germany :laugh:

d2.jpg

So why Kimchi...
eye brow.gif
well I'm glad you asked...

d3.jpg

For the other side's on tonight's menu some fresh corn. YELLOW CORN. Now why is that in bold type,well I'll tell ya,'cause peaches&cream blows chunk. P&C is GMO. Its not normally. It's a hybrid. It's like a dualsport motorcycle. OK in the dirt,OK on the street,but truth be told...actually sukks at both. You wanna do yer horderves plate up nice. I'm doin' meat,cheese,veg and fruit. Again local...
some locally made German sausage...sorry again @Berlin Germany local pepperoni,cheese,etc.

d4.jpg

Now any ding can go to the grocery store...but,its gotta be fresh. So you hit the local farmers. These guys have been at it since the 1800's...the fields out back got the veggies...right next to that the beef are eating in the fields...soon to be our eating.

d5.jpg

The farmers are a ways outa town,but its a nice ride. Along the way you can stop and grab other freshies from a greasy looking guy selling road side out of a van. "Shop Local" right.

d6.jpg

Couple cold beverages....booze of course,I paired with a nice Australian Chard,Wolf Blass,but for me,a cold non-alcoholic Budwieser.

db.jpg

It has always been hard for me to get chicken perfect. So years ago if I was cooking for 2,I'd put 3 breasts on the BBQ. Use one to cut into and check the done factor,then you have yer perfect pieces to plate. These are 10 seconds past pink.

dinner a.jpg

Only one cheat...frozen Edamame. Love the stuff. A little butter and lot's of Kosher salt.
lick gif.gif

Tune in next time for "Grill Week" things you didn't think would be awesome on the BBQ. This time,took down Emeril...next time, Bobby Flay. :laugh:

emeril.jpg

Rubb.

Nice sounds like you're having a special guest for din-din.

I'm not so sure about that kim-chee. Better not if she's staying over. :poke: Unless you want to see if she passes the fart test. If you're both doing it I guess that's fine.

No Sir...he got nuthin'. All the greats will tell ya,you've got to start with fresh ingredients when yer cookin' for folks.
OK,grab some chicken,that was just cluckin' maybe a couple days ago.My local source. I'm going with my teriyaki. Fresh honey from local bee's,fresh garlic,ginger,smoked paprika,pepper in a nice bath of Tamari (a step above yer average soy sauce) Let that sit a couple hours.

View attachment 1624927

Now to be impressive,you gotta come up with one or 2 unique sides. I'm going with locally made Kimche which is actually Korean sourcraut,eat yer heart out @Berlin Germany :laugh:

View attachment 1624928

So why Kimchi...View attachment 1624934 well I'm glad you asked...

View attachment 1624929

For the other side's on tonight's menu some fresh corn. YELLOW CORN. Now why is that in bold type,well I'll tell ya,'cause peaches&cream blows chunk. P&C is GMO. Its not normally. It's a hybrid. It's like a dualsport motorcycle. OK in the dirt,OK on the street,but truth be told...actually sukks at both. You wanna do yer horderves plate up nice. I'm doin' meat,cheese,veg and fruit. Again local...
some locally made German sausage...sorry again @Berlin Germany local pepperoni,cheese,etc.

View attachment 1624930

Now any ding can go to the grocery store...but,its gotta be fresh. So you hit the local farmers. These guys have been at it since the 1800's...the fields out back got the veggies...right next to that the beef are eating in the fields...soon to be our eating.

View attachment 1624931

The farmers are a ways outa town,but its a nice ride. Along the way you can stop and grab other freshies from a greasy looking guy selling road side out of a van. "Shop Local" right.

View attachment 1624932

Couple cold beverages....booze of course,I paired with a nice Australian Chard,Wolf Blass,but for me,a cold non-alcoholic Budwieser.

View attachment 1624935

It has always been hard for me to get chicken perfect. So years ago if I was cooking for 2,I'd put 3 breasts on the BBQ. Use one to cut into and check the done factor,then you have yer perfect pieces to plate. These are 10 seconds past pink.

View attachment 1624936

Only one cheat...frozen Edamame. Love the stuff. A little butter and lot's of Kosher salt. View attachment 1624937

Tune in next time for "Grill Week" things you didn't think would be awesome on the BBQ. This time,took down Emeril...next time, Bobby Flay. :laugh:

View attachment 1624933

Rubb.
Sorry man, all I saw was that fatass back tire and now I want one

Sorry man, all I saw was that fatass back tire and now I want one
  • Don't do it man. Not..."The Dark Side"
  • handle's like krap
  • I chew up tires like there's no tomorrow (several hundred bucks a piece)
  • doing it right (with OSD) and not the jackshaft approach is pricey
  • yer left foot sticks out about 3 inches more for clearance
  • blah blah blah
but,it looks cool,and the chic's dig it. :thumbsup:
They have actually come down in price...about 7 grand for the kit.( + tax + shipping)
Then there's labor.OUCH,unless you do it yourself. You have to open up the motor. Takes hours and hours.Install longer/stronger countershaft, the swingarm,rear wheel,extend the brake line (and ABS krap if applicable) new chain,sprockets...etc etc.

But,did I mention the chic's. :drool:
DONT SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU
Rubb.

• Don't do it man. Not..."The Dark Side"
  • handle's like krap
  • I chew up tires like there's no tomorrow (several hundred bucks a piece)
  • doing it right (with OSD) and not the jackshaft approach is pricey
  • yer left foot sticks out about 3 inches more for clearance
  • blah blah blah
but,it looks cool,and the chic's dig it. :thumbsup:
They have actually come down in price...about 7 grand for the kit.( + tax + shipping)
Then there's labor.OUCH,unless you do it yourself. You have to open up the motor. Takes hours and hours.Install longer/stronger countershaft, the swingarm,rear wheel,extend the brake line (and ABS krap if applicable) new chain,sprockets...etc etc.

But,did I mention the chic's. :drool:
DONT SAY I DID NOT WARN YOU
Rubb.
Haha you just 'unconvinced' me

Back