Rubb wants too buy this armour

rubbersidedown

TURBO-BUSA-RIDIN'-BASTID
Donating Member
Registered
does yer local shop have it in stock ?

Will it fit under a jacket?

Will it fit a 210 pounder?

who would mail it to da Rubb? I would paypal you imediately.The closer to home the better(less shipping).

fieldarmor_vest.jpg

RSD, there is a member here who is a rep I think for ICON as he gaurantees the best prices on the gear.:)

I have one of those Rubbah..

It's ok.. it looks alot beefier in the pics than it does in your hands..

it's comfortable though.. fits me fine.. i'm about 6'0 'round 210-215.

I was really expecting more protection when I got it though.. I have another post about it somewhere.. lemme see if I can dig it up and put a link here. .

well I searched and can't find the post..

I'll just put a review here again..

When you look at the picture it looks really tough, and should provide as much protection for your spine as any of them.. plus it looks like it's got some serious padding thru the shoulders, and that chest pad just screams "SAFE AS I CAN BE" and that you should pick up some kidney protection as well..

in reality...

the plates on the back are pretty flimsy feeling to me. The chest plate is about the size of a pack of cigs... instead of the size of a CD like it appears..

the sides come down to just above yoru bottom rib... which sucks.. thats half the reason I was intersted in it was picking up some extra protection to the soft parts with no bones behind to break before something important got squished. (kidneys for example) ..

the thing is comfortable, and secure.. doesn't get that much hotter than just normal leather... but if the ICON had wanted to they coudl have really made something neat.. but instead they just kinda made it look really neat..

some GP armor around the kidneys would have been great.. thicker, more assuring spine plates would have been great, and hell with some little wussy chest button.. give me a damn chest plate!!

after thinking about it some more... I know I wouldn't buy it again.. actually if you want it I'll sell it to you. I've used it about 10 times probably.. it doesn't smell funky or anything. no damage.. still clean etc.

make an offer... I think I paid $100 at newenough.com for it.

oh, and yes it will fit nicely under a jacket.. assuming you dont' wear skin tight leathers anyway.

spend the extra scratch on this one.. or thats what I'd do anyways if I had it to do over..

few guys I track day with have these.. tried one out.. feels much more protective, and while it doesn't have anything in the front.. honestly.. I don't think the icon does it.. it just looks like it does.

$130 alpinestars back protector

hehe.. nah.. personallly I don't even think it looks that cool.. I keep mine under the jacket.. whats his name on the board that also has one wears his over the jacket.. that.. .. uh.. doesn't look cool to me..

it looks cool in the pics.. it looks small in person.. maybe if you were 5'5" 140 it would look big/bad.. but your about the same size as me i'm guessing.. maybe an inch or two taller.. and I take it off with the jacket so nobody see's me wearin it.. lol.

plus everybody looks at me funny for wearing a spine protector on the road..

lotta squids 'round here.

Heres another one you might want to check out, Rub . VelocityGear

Online Review !!

With removable back protector !!

pict071b.jpg
European Tested and Approved

EXCEEDS CE  EN1621-2 Level 2 "High Performance"

testing standards with a 4.49kn transmission level.

Our body armor is European tested to the latest "high performance" standards. There are other CE marks available that are no longer up to date. Do your research before buying armor that is claimed to be CE approved, inferior CE marks exist on many name brand products. If you have questions about CE ratings please feel free to contact us and read our Informative CE Info. page HERE

Our MSRP of $169.99 including shipping is by far the lowest available for equally rated body armor. Please do your research before purchasing body armor and you'll see that we can't be beat.
None of the following manufacturers can outperform a 4.49kn transmission level:
Dainese, Knox, Spidi, Alpinestars, Bohn, Impact Armor, Teknic, Fieldsheer, BMW, Kobe, Joe Rocket, Helimot,

Have a question?

509-218-3817

M-F 8am-5pm PST

VELOCITYGEAR® Back Armor consists of:

--CE EN1621-2 Level 2 Compliant European tested and approved. Our armor actually exceeds Level 2 requirements with a KN transmission level of 4.49kn. The limit for this testing requirement is 9kn.

-- Injection molded spine guards

-- Pivoting back protector for superior manuverability

--Velcro® kidney belt system

--Perforated EVA padding for excellent cooling in all conditions

--Adjustable shoulder straps.

--Articulating spines for high maneuverability and ergonomic comfort.

--The lowest priced EN1621-2 Level 2 armor available ANYWHERE in the WORLD.

--$99.00 w/ Free Priority Shipping.

SIZE 6 Plate7 Plate  
ONLINE REVIEW OF OUR ARMOR

pict071a.jpg
CE EN1621-2 Level 2 Compliant European tested and approved. Our armor actually exceeds Level 2 requirements with a KN transmission level of 4.49kn. The limit for this testing requirement is 9kn.

-- Injection molded elbow, forearm, shoulder, and chest protection

--Removable Pivoting back protector. Back armor is removable via

vertically mounted zippers.

--Perforated moisture wicking Lycra and  soft EVA padding for a non

abrasive skin compatible armor.

--Adjustable shoulder and forearm straps.

--Top Quality, lightweight mesh construction.

--Replaceable mesh top sections.

--The lowest priced En1621-2 Level 2 armor available ANYWHERE in the WORLD.

--$169.99 w/ Free Priority Shipping.

pict070b.jpg

VELOCITYGEAR® Back Armor consists of:

--CE EN1621-2 Level 2 Compliant European tested and approved. Our armor actually exceeds Level 2 requirements with a KN transmission level of 4.49kn. The limit for this testing requirement is 9kn.

-- Injection molded spine guards

-- Pivoting back protector for superior manuverability

--Perforated EVA padding for excellent cooling in all conditions

--Adjustable shoulder straps.

--The lowest priced EN1621-2 Level 2 armor available ANYWHERE in the WORLD.

--$99.00 w/ Free Priority Shipping.

SIZE 6 Plate7 Plate  
ONLINE REVIEW OF OUR ARMOR
Now Offering FREE Shipping to Anywhere in the WORLD

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1119970968 -->

see.. now thats something like what I want.. hahah.. it just needs to fit under the leathers i've already got with the GP armor and such in em'

Wonder if I could just cut the arms off something like that and move on.

can't have enough gear!

I bought one of them Dianese Spine guards in sngapore.. Its strong, and the best part is that it fits a 300lbs guy
biggrin.gif

Here is a picture...

Image_03_.jpg

Back