Testing with wheelie bar

8secBusa

Registered
I just picked up a wheelie bar, going to try it out with the drag radial on Sunday. How hard can youn launch on a radial with bar?

A friend I know leaves at 9K on the bar with a slick. We both know a rider's weight and suspension setup will determine the optimum though. I would start low and work high.

125 in 1/8th  
wowold.gif

Have you replaced monoshock with solid strut?

I know its a beach job but 2 get full benifit of bar really needed.Im running shinko I go real low air pressure 10lbs

I heat it fairly good in 2nd.

I won probike points with this bike on that setup last year +pingle electric shifter.

I get free entry all season  
ThumbsUp.gif

IMG_4885-1.jpg

http://www.pingelonline.com/hayabusa.htm

adjustable mono strut you can ride it on street if there smooth but dont want hit bad bumbs with solid strut it does make street ride kinda rough

Congratulations on winning probike last year Billy. You can't beat racing for free!
Have you ever tried the M/T slick on your bike?

You probably won't like me being on here because I have a ZX-14. I'm just trying to get Billy's opinion on something. I have the Pingel bars and strut and I also have a M/T slick. The slick is really tall compared to the stock tire. I have the bike geared -1 on the countershaft sprocket and +2 on the rear. I hope I have enough gearing. I'm 52 years old and haven't drag raced a bike for about 23 years. I'm looking forward to getting back into it and hopefully, with some practice, getting into the 8's. I'm 5'8" and weigh about 148 lbs. so this should be a + factor.

I havent used wheelie bars for quit some time and was considering them for consistansy on my Buss.What is the best gearing for a 220 lb rider . My wife to be is using wheelie bars on her stock engine Busa with a Brock Sidewinder.She weights 110.What is a good ballpark gear ratio for her?Both use a 7inch Micky. I wold apericate any in put.

with a 16 on the front, how big can you go on the back with out having to get a longer chain? stock swing arm

You probably won't like me being on here because I have a ZX-14. I'm just trying to get Billy's opinion on something. I have the Pingel bars and strut and I also have a M/T slick. The slick is really tall compared to the stock tire. I have the bike geared -1 on the countershaft sprocket and +2 on the rear. I hope I have enough gearing. I'm 52 years old and haven't drag raced a bike for about 23 years. I'm looking forward to getting back into it and hopefully, with some practice, getting into the 8's. I'm 5'8" and weigh about 148 lbs. so this should be a + factor.
I was -1 up 4 rear sprocket if it bogs i would lower them much as i could.mabe increase air pressure.

Back