Macintosh Sheelie Bars?

I measured a stock gsxr 1000 arm and the axle blocks are 2 1/8 and the mac arms blocks are 2" even (top to bottom height). It looks like I can shave down a set of gsxr bars to fit the Mac arm.

Will do. I searched the net many times for this info and never found a solution. Macintosh and Pingle don't make bars for the Mac arm, so some Mcguivering will likely be required.

20170107_145901.jpg

I know this is years old, but I wanted to follow up with my solution. I had custom axle block/ adjusters made locally. They’re aluminum (the aircraft grade aluminum) and take the place of the Macintosh axle blocks. They have upper and lower arms that allow for the upper and lower bars to mount.

I know this is years old, but I wanted to follow up with my solution. I had custom axle block/ adjusters made locally. They’re aluminum (the aircraft grade aluminum) and take the place of the Macintosh axle blocks. They have upper and lower arms that allow for the upper and lower bars to mount.
Got any pics.

I love it when someone actually comes back to post an ending to a thread :thumbsup: . So many one read that just stop and never hear what the outcome was.

Drives me nuts too, especially the threads involving motor issues and tuning issues.
i was lucky to find the guy who made these adapters. He makes medical devices and aircraft parts via a cnc shop he runs. I recall the cost was about 250. I still need wheelie bars and a strut...and for Covid to go away so the track can reopen.

Drives me nuts too, especially the threads involving motor issues and tuning issues.
i was lucky to find the guy who made these adapters. He makes medical devices and aircraft parts via a cnc shop he runs. I recall the cost was about 250. I still need wheelie bars and a strut...and for Covid to go away so the track can reopen.
We lost two weeks at our track this summer due to Covid. Should be fine next year.

Back