Test Run for the Bash

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
I rode to Fredricksburg today to Morton's BMW Open House. My riding buddy and his wife (they rode 2-up) went along. I told his wife that I was glad she was coming along because I was sick of looking at her husband's big rear end all day while we ride. They didn't seem to think that was funny, which made it even funnier (BMW people!), I get in more trouble that way.

It's funny because those BMW guys have been trying to sell me a BMW and I keep telling them the Busa is as good a medium distance touring bike as any if properly setup. I must admit though the 1600 is pretty sweet but $25G's is a lot of bike. The have a new light blue S1000RR. It's the color of the MotoGP suzuki for Rizzoma and looks like crap. I would go black or the red, white and blue on this bike IMHO. Unfortunately they didn't have a K1300 or 1600 to test ride.

I tested some new setup stuff (all electronics) including integrating my new Iphone 4S. I had a Droid Bionic that basically froze up when ever you try to do anything. My goal was to be able to ask the Iphone "where is the closest shell station and have it tell me and then navagate to it. It didn't work, so I'll have to keep depending on the Garmin and pre-selected stations. Anyway I left at 7:30AM and got home at 6:40 PM and I feel pretty good. That should get me to Robbinsville easy. I have to ride with a tank bag because of the heated gear, radar, and Ipod. But I have a small bag and several larger ones. I may switch to the small one to ride at the Dragon.

Sorry to bore you but felt like sharing.

The dragon days and others runs average 300 mile days for me. I know it takes getting some saddle time to ride 300 miles a day.. ride hard not just out watching the birds.. How far did you ride watching her Beemer butt

The dragon days and others runs average 300 mile days for me. I know it takes getting some saddle time to ride 300 miles a day.. ride hard not just out watching the birds.. How far did you ride watching her Beemer butt

About 380 miles round trip. We don't take a direct route we go the fun way!

Sounds like you had a good day bro. Ride on and have fun, see you next week!

hop on the k1300s its their answer to the busa and actually its alot more comfortable especially with on the fly suspension adjustments etc

I rode to Fredricksburg today to Morton's BMW Open House. My riding buddy and his wife (they rode 2-up) went along. I told his wife that I was glad she was coming along because I was sick of looking at her husband's big rear end all day while we ride. They didn't seem to think that was funny, which made it even funnier (BMW people!), I get in more trouble that way.

It's funny because those BMW guys have been trying to sell me a BMW and I keep telling them the Busa is as good a medium distance touring bike as any if properly setup. I must admit though the 1600 is pretty sweet but $25G's is a lot of bike. The have a new light blue S1000RR. It's the color of the MotoGP suzuki for Rizzoma and looks like crap. I would go black or the red, white and blue on this bike IMHO. Unfortunately they didn't have a K1300 or 1600 to test ride.

I tested some new setup stuff (all electronics) including integrating my new Iphone 4S. I had a Droid Bionic that basically froze up when ever you try to do anything. My goal was to be able to ask the Iphone "where is the closest shell station and have it tell me and then navagate to it. It didn't work, so I'll have to keep depending on the Garmin and pre-selected stations. Anyway I left at 7:30AM and got home at 6:40 PM and I feel pretty good. That should get me to Robbinsville easy. I have to ride with a tank bag because of the heated gear, radar, and Ipod. But I have a small bag and several larger ones. I may switch to the small one to ride at the Dragon.

Sorry to bore you but felt like sharing.

I was at the open house around 3pm. Had some pretty good deals. They do a biketoberfest at the end of the season with live music and food, worth the trop back.

You did way more than me to prep! Sounds like fun... :thumbsup:

I'm ready to roll...I think LOL Oh, I'll be sore, but I'm sure Bots will rub my feet as soon as I arrive :rulez:

See you Wednesday, South Hill :thumbsup:

Back