Tensioner Alert !!!!!!!

OB_speedster

Registered
This is NOT to wake sleeping dogs. I had my THIRD cam chain tensioner installed yesterday , `99 copper/silver , 10 000 miles. The second so called recall tensioner was much more of a disaster than the first one , in fact almost a complete failure. If you hear any strange noise from top right hand side , take it to the dealer asap !!!!!!!!! I`m not trying to scare anybody , it is for real , local dealer even admitted that they have a problem on some tensioners.

Johnnycheese, I just had the recall tensioner put it. Went on a long trip. While I was pulled over, at idle, I heard a clicking noise. Sounded like at the top right hand side of motor, but I'm not sure. Bent down to listen closer but by then sound went away.

Is this anything to be concerned about?

The local shop I deal with is a good one. Before they put the recall unit in I asked them if they heard about any problems with the new tensioner and they said they hadn't.

I hadn't either till the one showed up in the shop.
If you are still under warranty don't worry.
I would still take it to a dealer and have them document it.Even if it is out of warranty still document it.
That never hurts.

sport rider magazine 4/00 page24 under
late braking---- Busa recall another cam chain tensioner recall similar, but not
identical to recall noted in the 12/99 issue
Do you know any thing about this?

Johnnycheese, I have 12000 miles with no problems other than the recall inspection.I have the additional 4 years on the warranty. Considering that, I've hesitated to install the manual adjuster. What do you think?

So hand this is what I was talking about a GREAT Suzuki dealer.
You do bring up an interseting point.
If you are not going to build your motor and have a Suzuki(GECC) warranty Don't put an aftermarket one in you will be covered the whole time you warranty is valid.

Back