Temp gauge

TXBusa05LE

Registered
My temp gauge needle always, no matter the weather or speed I’m going, sits just a tad below the half mark. Is this the norm?

that is where mine sits, unless i get caught in traffic for a while...then it starts rising to half and the fan kicks in and hopefully i can get rolling again soon after that!!

yea, mine was running warm in trafic til I put the engine ice in, and I also hooked up an aux. switch to the fan so I can turn it on Before it kicks on automatically, and this way it never gets past the point of no return.

Exactly where my '05 LE runs. When it hits 1/2 or a tick above, the fans kick in. If you're in traffic, it'll run a bit above 1/2 or higher, depending on how long you sit.

Mine rides right about there too. At just barely above half, the fans kick in and it never goes any higher.

--Wag--

Just alittle below the half mark in normal conditions. In traffic it goes just tiny bit above the half mark, then I start to drive between cars
wow.gif

the bike is designed to run at that temp.
your trusty busa engineers have taken the time to map your motor with gas and timing that account for these operating temperatures (also account for air intake sensors),
people that look for ways to "lower" the temp will not accomplish anything.
The additives and and fans blades will only make the job of cooling the bike to the regulated temp easier.
Even if you fixed away to run "chilled" water...the sytem would only restrict water flow until the desired temp is reached.
you might be able to install a thermostat that operates with a lower threshhold....but depending on how far you take it...it may require some tuning (like a PC3).
over time...the wrong amount of fuel introduced because the temp readings were off....could result in deposits above the norm.
in the cylinders...fuel not only burns....but it cools and cleans as well.

yes...mine too runs a tick under the 1/2 way mark.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: "my spelling sux"|1132550096 -->

the bike is designed to run at that temp.
your trusty busa engineers have taken the time to map your motor with gas and timing that account for these operating temperatures (also account for air intake sensors),
people that look for ways to "lower" the temp will not accomplish anything.
The additives and and fans blades will only make the job of cooling the bike to the regulated temp easier.
Even if you fixed away to run "chilled" water...the sytem would only restrict water flow until the desired temp is reached.
you might be able to install a thermostat that operates with a lower threshhold....but depending on how far you take it...it may require some tuning (like a PC3).
over time...the wrong amount of fuel introduced because the temp readings were off....could result in deposits above the norm.
in the cylinders...fuel not only burns....but it cools and cleans as well.

yes...mine too runs a tick under the 1/2 way mark.
WOW you know your sh!d. Thanx for info

Mine runs the at the same mark as well.

WOW you know your sh!d.
I wouldn't go THAT far....just some general engine work over the years and a little applied common sense.
it's amazing how many problems can be resolved by remembering air+fuel+fire=power.
if it doesn't run...you are usually missing one of those three...process of elimination.
everything else is just there to keep it in line.
wink.gif

but thanks anyway.

Back