Sticky gauge?

WuzzaCBXRider

Donating Member
Registered
Anyone ever have just one gauge go bad? Yesterday on my 06 I stopped after 35 miles or so and noticed the temp gauge was maxed out. But the motor wasn't hot and had the right amount of coolant in the overflow tank. Tried the key a few times w/o starting the motor and the needle stayed at the top. In just a few minutes I turned the ignition on again and noticed that the temp needle stays at the top for just a millisecond as compared to the other needles as they sweep back and forth when the key is turned. Did this several more times with the same result, although the temp now shows accurate when riding, just below the middle of the gauge as always, but now like I said, the needle sticks for just a sec before finishing it's sweep like the other needles when I turn the key. Seems strange and makes me think I might not always be getting the right readout. I didn't happen to notice the readout before stopping after those 35 miles, just when I turned it off. Turned the key right back on and it stayed stuck on HOT. After a few key turnings it finally showed the right temp? but still stays at the top of its sweep for a sec at the turn of the key. Wouldn't want this to happen on tour out of state for example. Should I replace it or?

I see one sentence and a lot of empty space between that sentence and your name. Am I missing something or is that one sentence your only reply?

If you have a friend with gen1 the gauges are really easy to swap just to see if it's that or something else.

Back