teasing the big dogs

GSXcite

Squirrel Master
Donating Member
Registered
Those of you who know me, know I like to have fun. Since my busa is in the garage tore down for maint., I rode the wifes 250 Rebel 25 miles to work today since it was such good weather. I thought it would be good to put some road miles on the Rebel and let the battery charge a little. I took a break for lunch and jumped on the bike for a cruise. Now mind you, I'm 6' tall and weigh 225 lbs. I look like a gorilla on a tricycle on that bike. A few miles down the road I come up to a stoplight and what do I find but 6 bikers that look streight out of a Hells Angels movie, taking up both lanes. As I was pulling up, I thought to myself, I'm going to have some fun with these guys! In full gear, on the Rebel, I pull up right in the middle of the group. As we are waiting for the light to change, I start cranking the throttle and lean on the tank like I'm going to launch like a pro stock bike at the drag strip. These azzhats actually thought I wanted to race them. The light changes and away they went, full bore! Man those bikes were fast!

Compared to the 250 Rebel!
laugh.gif

They are likely still bragging about whupping up on the Jap bike!

(omslaw @ Jun. 08 2007,13:18) Next time, call me - I'm right down the street    
poke.gif
You just want to tell your friends you beat Hal on the red bike!
tounge.gif

(GSXcite @ Jun. 08 2007,15:32)
(omslaw @ Jun. 08 2007,13:18) Next time, call me - I'm right down the street
poke.gif
You just want to tell your friends you beat Hal on the red bike!
tounge.gif
Blue/Silver *is* the fastest color
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

now is this setting any kind of example for those in the Cason clan
poke.gif

laugh.gif
would have loved to have seen it

Excellent story. I do the same with the wife's ninja 250 when I take it out. It is really cool though to see how many people will give me a wave even though I am riding a 250. Noone cares what you ride here, as long as you do... Except for the HD riders. I never can figure that out.

That's funny!!!

I bought my wife a 250 Rebel just two weeks ago! I know what you mean about it being kinda small. I was blazing down the highway going a full 80mph!!! Had that throttle cranked wide open! I was doing fine until I hit a stiff headwind on an uphill stretch......slowed to just under 65mph.....
wow.gif

Just a few days ago, I was taking my old Intruder to work instead of the Bus................the old girl needed to stretch her legs a bit............and met up with a bunch of cruiser type of guys.....4 loud harleys and one custom chopper. They were pretty uppity about me and my old bike........man did I wish I had my Busa!!!! Woulda shown them my tailside before they could blink an eye!
super.gif

(Spike @ Jun. 08 2007,16:05) Excellent story.  I do the same with the wife's ninja 250 when I take it out.  It is really cool though to see how many people will give me a wave even though I am riding a 250.  Noone cares what you ride here, as long as you do...  Except for the HD riders.  I never can figure that out.
Difference is, the 250 ninja will prolly smoke some Harleys!
muscle.gif
People would wave at me too and I think thats cool. I will give the wave to anyone on two wheels, even scooters.
super.gif

(scottybusa @ Jun. 08 2007,16:14) That's funny!!!

I bought my wife a 250 Rebel just two weeks ago!  I know what you mean about it being kinda small.  I was blazing down the highway going a full 80mph!!!  Had that throttle cranked wide open!  I was doing fine until I hit a stiff headwind on an uphill stretch......slowed to just under 65mph.....
wow.gif

Just a few days ago, I was taking my old Intruder to work instead of the Bus................the old girl needed to stretch her legs a bit............and met up with a bunch of cruiser type of guys.....4 loud harleys and one custom chopper.  They were pretty uppity about me and my old bike........man did I wish I had my Busa!!!!  Woulda shown them my tailside before they could blink an eye!  
super.gif
I know what you mean Scotty. I had the throttle pined all the way to way to work while on the interstate. We have a big hill on the way to work too and I had to downshift two times.
wow.gif

wow.gif

I keep getting told by this Harley guy "man that new V ROD will smoke those bikes you have !!(BUSA) I'VE SEEN IT"

you would be suprised when Harley guys get together how they talk about beating Busa's, ZX 14's, and "those gixxer's"

my only thought, does it count as a win if the other guy don't know your racing ?

Back