Tapping into abs line for signal

ZeePopo

Registered
I'm trying to figure out where would be best for me to tap into the abs signal for front and rear wheels. I need the pulse signal in order to have the traction and wheelie control be able to process the signal. I got a Gripone Iside 2, once I can figure out this abs sensor signal I can begin the install. The kit comes with 2 adapters that lets me tap into the wires and then send the signal to the Iside ecu. Here's a photo of what it looks like

IMG_20211206_232711.jpg

Unless you have the old model, It's supposed to out the traction control without wheel sensors. I think it works similar to the old Kawasaki setup that sensed changes in engine RPM. To get wheelie control I think you need the IMU module, which looks at the angle of the bike for the wheelie cut in.

However, if you must have the pulse from the OEM system, can't you just splice it into the wire coming from the sensors? Will be interested in how this works out. I was very close to pulling the trigger on this setup too.

Unless you have the old model, It's supposed to out the traction control without wheel sensors. I think it works similar to the old Kawasaki setup that sensed changes in engine RPM. To get wheelie control I think you need the IMU module, which looks at the angle of the bike for the wheelie cut in.

However, if you must have the pulse from the OEM system, can't you just splice it into the wire coming from the sensors? Will be interested in how this works out. I was very close to pulling the trigger on this setup too.
It's the new model, the IMU is integrated into the ECU so no need for a external module unlike the old system. I have the main ISIDE2 Ecu with the abs sensors, quickshifter, and data logger. The abs sensors I have are optional to increase the speed and accuracy of the unit. @smithabusa What ya think of what I should do to get that ABS signal? Here's a photo of the sensor and cable. It's quite thin, should be easy, just not sure what part of the loom to connect it at.

IMG_20211207_102958.jpg

Anybody know the abs electrical? I thought it be a single wire from the pickup sensor at the wheel but it seems it's two, one black and one white. Any ideas as to which color I should be tapping into?

Anybody know the abs electrical? I thought it be a single wire from the pickup sensor at the wheel but it seems it's two, one black and one white. Any ideas as to which color I should be tapping into?

Hi ZeePopo, I am planning on picking up a 2018. Seeking your review of the Iside 2 please.

Can you check if one of the 2 wires is 12V and the other one is Ground. The Ground may have the wheel speed sensor data.

Last edited:

Please check page 17 in the gripone PDF. How do we know if Gripone has the correct wheel roll angle values for the Hayabusa? After reading the PDF I do not feel very confident on the testing done / real world performance of this product.

Back