tank bra or tank slapper

robbzbusa

Registered
what do you all recmomend?big e has a great deal on a tank bra but i used to have one on my car and dirt and crap got under the bra...but then again the bike stays in the garage and doesnt get ridin much in the rain...just wanted to see what you all thought

I've had the tank slapper on my '05 since new and it does a great job. I bought the tank kit, but I've anly applied the one the goes on the back of the tank where your belt buckle hits.

Zero scratches and you can take it off and reapply it whenyou wash/wax the bike.

beerchug.gif

I have heard good results about the tank slapper. But I do admit, I like the look of a tank bra, especially the Bagster.

My bike came with the bra on and after a year, I haven't noticed any ill effects to the paint or finish. It's easy to remove for cleaning and waxing and mine is like yours - garage kept and rarely sees rain...

Since I lean across the tank at speed, I like that I'm not directly on the paint considering my riding apparel isn't exactly non-abrasive depending on what I have on.

tank bra...nice on cool days.No problems with paint...remove bra now and then and wax entire tank.If it rains and bra gets wet have to remove and dry out.mine came from dealer...suzuki bra with kanji.$35.   I do like the looks better without it..I leave it on for protection.

When I bought my Busa, the first thing I went looking for for it was the bra... I don't know what it is but I think they make a bike look so much sweeter- had one on my Kat too.

BUSAFETT

I absolutely love mine, mostly, I forget it's even there...paint is still perfect all around where it clings, I even wash my bike without removing it (blow it with air after). Works with or without tank bags.

Raydog

Img_9202_busa.jpg

I have both. Bra covers more and will last forever but ruins the looks of the bike. You also have to be careful with any plastic clips. If they aren't on just right they'll rub through the paint. Bra has to be removed every so often to clean up the tank. If grit is allowed to accumlate under there, it'll do more harm than good.

When installed right, the tankslapper is next to invisible, especially on lighter colors like silver. Once it's on you never have to remove it until it's time to replace it. I replaced the top piece this year after 10,000 miles. It wasn't worn through anywhere but had plenty of marks from my jacket zipper. Not the most durable but it does its job well.

I prefer the tankslapper.

(LCB @ Jul. 13 2007,08:25) Since I lean across the tank at speed, I like that I'm not directly on the paint considering my riding apparel isn't exactly non-abrasive depending on what I have on.
+1

Or on this bike. The Bra looked so good on the bike after my accident the bra was stolen from the holding area!

rt._rear_sm.JPG

Back