Gen 1 tank bra

dewie

Registered
You guys know who is making tank bras these days? I had a Lockhart Phillips on my 05 years ago but they stopped making them for Busa I guess. I don't need a full bra like the Bagsters nor can I afford them. I seen they make the clear 3M protectant stuff but I have that stuff on my car and it weatheras and scratches and peels. Just a cheap assed bra... anybody?

Like this? I got this off ebay for like $20... NEXT DAY someone on here had one for sale that had a kanji on it.

ForumRunner_20120228_172531.jpg

ForumRunner_20120228_172531.jpg

I think you can still get the Suzuki accessory tank bra from the dealers. I got mine from Oneida Suzuki who has a good price on it.

The dealer was the first place I called and no dice. Guess I'll put up a post in the wanted adds.

I got the full one on ebay for like $80-$100 and it doesn't cover the entire tank, unless I'm installing it wrong (don't think I am, their ebay ad shows it with a black tank underneath so it looks clean). It left a gap that I just covered with black vinyl sticker stuff so that it looked black to match my new fairings. If you're expecting to cover your tank after a fairing change, maybe not, but if you just want the protection, go for it.

You're right! It seems like Suzuki no longer has the tank bra for the Gen I. Here are some I found...
Targa 1999-2012 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Half Tank Cover
Amazon.com: Targa Sportbike Half-Tank Cover - Carbon Fiber Look , Material: Carbon Fiber 27-325CV-L: Automotive

One of the things I like best about the tank bra is the amount of grip you can get on it with your thighs and knees. It wasn't the reason I bought it, but I sure would miss it now that I'm used to it.

Keep your eye on eBay and you might find one. There's a used Suzuki one on there right now for $50 shipped, but I'd buy one of the new ones above over used for that price.

You're right! It seems like Suzuki no longer has the tank bra for the Gen I. Here are some I found...
Targa 1999-2012 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa Half Tank Cover
Amazon.com: Targa Sportbike Half-Tank Cover - Carbon Fiber Look , Material: Carbon Fiber 27-325CV-L: Automotive

One of the things I like best about the tank bra is the amount of grip you can get on it with your thighs and knees. It wasn't the reason I bought it, but I sure would miss it now that I'm used to it.

Keep your eye on eBay and you might find one. There's a used Suzuki one on there right now for $50 shipped, but I'd buy one of the new ones above over used for that price.

Cool thanks Ajay, thats all I'm looking for. I looked all over the net and couldn't find em. but I thought GEN 1 and GEN 2 where different tank sizes. If Suzuki makes them for gen 1 gen 2 why doesn't Targa??

Back