Second look tank bra

ike

Registered
Need to know what is best to try and rub out scuff marks
on my tank from a tank bra. (second look bra).
The bra will never go back on. I have low miles on my bike and keep it very clean. Got the bra to protect the tank but instead it ruined it. I will never get one again. Thanks all.

I've had my Second Look bra on my Busa for three years and my tank has no scuffs that won't rub off with a finger with a little spit on it.
biggrin.gif

Did you put two coats of wax on the tank before installing, per instructions, and remove the bra and clean the dirt off, occasionally?

I've had my Second Look bra on my Busa for three years and my tank has no scuffs that won't rub off with a finger with a little spit on it.  
biggrin.gif

Did you put two coats of wax on the tank before installing, per instructions, and remove the bra and clean the dirt off, occasionally?
That's what I do... 1.5 yrs and zero scuffs/scratches (thank God)... Use a very light rubbing compound and re-wax... Good luck!

biggrin.gif

I don't remember me waxing it at 1st but I know I did after the install and way before any marks were made. I always have the bra off for cleaning Never letting the bike get dirty. Had the bra on for six years. Maybe should have waxed it everytime I washed it.:( I don't understand it. My ride is kept inside and under a cover. Never even gets dusty. will be taking pics today.

biggrin.gif

I don't remember me waxing it at 1st but I know I did after the install and way before any marks were made. I always have the bra off for cleaning Never letting the bike get dirty. Had the bra on for six years. Maybe should have waxed it everytime I washed it.:(  I don't understand it. My ride is kept inside and under a cover. Never even gets dusty. will be taking pics today.
Did you have it on there snug?...maybe it was slightly loose, and over time as it moved around caused the scuffing (chafing?). I always make sure my bra's (lol) are as well fitting as I can possibly get them.
Although I would avoid high heels, except for very special occasions, as they're bad for the back
wow.gif
wink.gif

Back