Tank bag max weight?

OldMan

Registered
I'm packing my lens and camera for a ride tomorrow, with my water bag and accessories I'm guessing the tank bag weighs about 25lbs. Anyone think that the heavy tank bag will effect my handling much?

I always ride with my bag full but it's usually about 10lbs and I never notice it's weight, but this time I'm wondering if this can be an issue.

Looking for some opinions.

thanks.

Most say 10lbs max, but ive put more. Just cruising easy. My wife thinks its a suitcase when we go anywhere. Ride easy and make sure it won't shift. Safe travels

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

As long as the bag is safely attached to the tank, you're good to go. :thumbsup:

I use mine for everything from hitting the gym to grocery shopping. never had an issue with the handling. but its a lot tougher to get down behind that wind screen and take off. :whistle:

Depends on the tank bag and mounting system it uses. I have the River Road One system bag, and the mounting base is bigger than most, with huge magnets. I'd be fine with 25+ Lbs.

To me it's NOT the weight, it's the Balance and mounting system. Just make sure ALL the heavy stuff is on the bottom and it CAN'T shift, or allow the bag to slide or move. Then, you'll be OK :thumbsup:

Most say 10lbs max, but ive put more. Just cruising easy. My wife thinks its a suitcase when we go anywhere. Ride easy and make sure it won't shift. Safe travels

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

My Cortech Mini is advertised as 10 lbs. max....

Back