Tall Tales

greg3852

Registered
Just had the pleasure of listening to a gentlemen tell me how his ZX14nonR from like 2007 is so fast. Showed me pics of it with chrome wheels, 240 rear tire, and extensions. Said its so fast. I say oh nice I have a Hayabusa. Oh this bike will smoke a Hayabusa. I had it up to 208 in 5th gear. A state trooper let him go by as fast as he wanted and he did 208 in 5th. I said yes maybe not this Hayabusa. When I explained my bike you could watch the color fade from his face. Then it became all questions about the Hayabusa.

Anyone else have any tall tales they've heard?

I have an old guy I ride with some Sunday mornings and a lunch stop. He is on a Harley trike, which he had custom built, spent about $30k on just the build.

One ride at the lunch stop a bunch of guys came over to look at my bone stock K9 Busa, asked a ton of questions and paid no attention to the Harley parked right next to the Busa. I felt bad for him, tried to change the conversation to include him, but they were not interested. He was not impressed.

We had a guy in our riding group who was a die hard Honda guy...he got bitten by the HD bug and then became the quintessential HD guy...he even had HD socks and sunglasses, he bought into the brand hook-line and sinker...

He had a Fat Boy and spent more money than one can imagine on it....then he thought it was the fastest bike in the entire area...

I normally rode my worked on 2000 Bandit 1200 to these rides as it was torquey and comfortable....

When he rode his Honda, all other bikes were OK, once he went to the HD, all other bikes were garbage and beneath him.....

He made the mistake of challenging me and my Bandit....

The next ride he was all humble and meek not saying a word....

I didn't own the Bumblebee at the time, I can only imagine the trouncing it would give his Fat Boy as the Bandit trounced him pretty hard...

We had a guy in our riding group who was a die hard Honda guy...he got bitten by the HD bug and then became the quintessential HD guy...he even had HD socks and sunglasses, he bought into the brand hook-line and sinker...

He had a Fat Boy and spent more money than one can imagine on it....then he thought it was the fastest bike in the entire area...

I normally rode my worked on 2000 Bandit 1200 to these rides as it was torquey and comfortable....

When he rode his Honda, all other bikes were OK, once he went to the HD, all other bikes were garbage and beneath him.....

He made the mistake of challenging me and my Bandit....

The next ride he was all humble and meek not saying a word....

I didn't own the Bumblebee at the time, I can only imagine the trouncing it would give his Fat Boy as the Bandit trounced him pretty hard...

Hi. I bought a crashed Kawasaki 1100. So I ordered 750 badges so when I came back to town with the bike they were on the bike. Fixed it up so I said I also did some motor work too. It was now a 1460 cc with cams so big I had to grind the head and cam cover so they would fit. I raced a Yamaha turbo lost by 1/2 a bike for $50.00 then I beat him for $50.00 two times. He went and got his Turbo rider I lost by a bike. I said lets go again for pins We raced I won by 1/2 bike. I let him keep the bike but took all his money about $500.00. My friend said( You were coasting a cost the line I just smiled). I raced a lot of other bikes that year and never won by more than 1 bike. I would lose a few just to real them in. I made about $21,000.00 that year.

Back