Tail light and brakelights out...

yamahor

DEAD MAN WALKING
Donating Member
Registered
So, I went for a ride last night, met some friends at the movies. When I get my popcorn a dude walks up and tells me my tail light and brake light are out... He didn't see any lights till my turn signals came on. Checked it out, and sure enough, no lights on the rear except turn signals and emergency flashers, and my license plate light. Checked wiring, and all wires look to be connected (they had to be spliced for the Clear Alternatives LED light), but haven't been able to check current on each wire yet. Anyone have ideas for me before I get to working on it again? And yes, it is the integrated turn signals into the brake light, so the lights themselves work. Only thing I can figure is a fuse or a bad connection, but i don't remember where the fuses are on the busa (been 5 yrs since my last busa) Any help is greatly appreciated

Check the fuse first, then make sure you have a good ground. My clear alternative tail acted the same way until I added a ground.

Pull that service manual big guy. The wiring diagrams are simple. Fuse panel is under the inner fairing below the clutch lever. You can replace the blown fuse if you find one, but most of the time they blow for a reason and you'll have to track that down. Sounds like James might have some insight about grounding issues. Heck, get Paul to help you. I bet he'd love it.

Thanks everybody! Gonna check fuses next chance I get. I'm thinking it shorted out when I rode in the rain last week, cause the rooster tail sprays right onto the back of the light, and it wasn't sealed water tight (fixing that too). DO3, I would see if Paul could help, but he's 2 hrs away. LOL

FINALLY got to checking the fuses (long week, friend moving, etc)... Not the problem... Checked all my fuses even, none bad... Any other ideas?

Check for power and ground at the connector/light with a DVOM, if power and ground are good, send that b!7c# back to CA. Mine on my gen 1 went out within a week of being installed, turn signals worked but all I had for brake/running lights was one little strip of red led's up the center of the circuit board.

Back