tail end on k8

allansbusa

Registered
hello.gif
does any know, if this can be done, strip of the back end, seats , rear cowl ect, and replace with, say a 05 06, any help would be great, thanks allan
race.gif

It can be done, but not a direct swap. It's expensive and time consuming.

There's a custom 'busa which made the rounds at the International Motorcycle Show last season which has a tail closely resembling a Gixxer.

There are numerous pix of it here on the site...frankly, you won't like it...I don't. It's green and white, has a knock-off Louis Vuitton-ish seat, clear acrylic wheels, etc.

Yuck.

Anyway, there are a number of other things you can do to a stock 'busa tail-end which changes it's appearance. Take a look through the members' pix...like mine for example.

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif

It can be done, but not a direct swap.  It's expensive and time consuming.

There's a custom 'busa which made the rounds at the International Motorcycle Show last season which has a tail closely resembling a Gixxer.

There are numerous pix of it here on the site...frankly, you won't like it...I don't.  It's green and white, has a knock-off Louis Vuitton-ish seat, clear acrylic wheels, etc.

Yuck.

Anyway, there are a number of other things you can do to a stock 'busa tail-end which changes it's appearance.  Take a look through the members' pix...like mine for example.

laugh.gif

beerchug.gif
Oh, yeah...the green and white look reminds me of an advertisement for recycling, or Wrigley's Spearmint gum...

Total poser-mobile.

IMO.
thumb_down.gif

Correct me if im wrong but i think the bike you are referring to is the one that was built for LRG Clothing Company, right?...it was a cool look for the company but i wouldnt do it...

Correct me if im wrong but i think the bike you are referring to is the one that was built for LRG Clothing Company, right?...it was a cool look for the company but i wouldnt do it...
Frankly, I think that's it. Yeah.

Kinda cheezy. They made a big cheezin' deal about 'unveiling' it at the show...imagine our disappointment. Big flippity-floppin' deal.

winkold.gif

Ruined a perfectly good bike.

http://www.motorcycleshows.com/motorcy....0

Here it iz.

L_R_G_Hayabusa.gif

I LOVE that bike, and the tail !!! But I also like the 08 tail, when it's on a stretched Busa. Guess I'm wierd !!

I LOVE that bike, and the tail !!!  But I also like the 08 tail, when it's on a stretched Busa.  Guess I'm wierd !!
I know, Kenny...just a different perspective on this one.

There are a number of people on the site who think it's pretty cool.

...and ask the peeps at L.R.G. what they think of it...
laugh.gif

I'm sure they're very proud.

However, when I saw that bike on T.V. the tail looked flimsy, like it just didn't fit right ? I didn't think that bike is by any means "ground breaking", like they were making it sound. I just like the look, probably because it looks like a Gixxer, and I LOVE GIXXER'S !!!

Yes, you can swap it. I've just been notified that it's the same subframe as the 99-07, just with 2 extra brackets attatched to let the tailsection mount up.  I say go for it.

Back