GSXR 1000 K8 Tail

Tim-42

Registered
Hi Guys, I'm new here so please excuse me if I've started a thread that already exists.

I have a K2 busa & will be making some modifications to it soon, inc fairing, exhaust, brakes, lights etc.

I've heard the reae subframe/tail section from the GSXR1000 K8 will more or less bolt on to the busa.

Does anyone have any knowledge on this or maybe some pictures?

Many thanks,
Tim

I just saw one yesterday on 2008 busa. The guy told me without getting specific that it was alot of work and that the kits that are offered range from 1900.00 to 2200.00 depending on wether you ride 1 or 2up. If it's true that is ridiculous, and you could probobly find a fabricator to do it a hell of alot cheaper.

you can get one set of bolts in it, then u r screwed on the other 2....alot of cutting trimming and welding

:welcome: The tail section of the GEN 1 Busa is nicer than even the Gen 2 or any other bike out there... Take it easy Gen 2 guys an gals out there:laugh: ( trying to make a point:rofl:)

It also serves a dual purpose of aerodynamics when the hump is on to fuse the rider an bike together into one, hence the subtle little changes in fairings till 2008.:laugh: Let it be:whistle: If you want to be different good luck with the mod :thumbsup: enjoy your ride:beerchug: JMO

Last edited:
:welcome: to Org. Sorry cant help! But your in the right place, someone on here will eventually answer all your questions!

Welcome...you are undertaking a big project that is really going to limit your bikes value unless your planning on keeping it.

Good luck which ever way you go!

Many thanks for the warm welcome guys. I guess I'll need to look a lot closer into this!!
I intend to keep the bike for some time as its only done 35k miles.

I had bit of an arguement with a van pulling a car trailer & had done some considerable damage. ( righthand lower fairing smashed, starter clutch cover smashed, right hand exhaust can & pillion peg ripped off, front tyre & wheel bearing damaged)!!

I will be putting on an aftermarket fairing kit on, any advice on them? I've heard some are a pain to fit/line up. Is this true?

I'll start posting some pics once i've figured out how to.

Many thanks again for everyones input & making me feel a member of the group.
Tim

Many thanks for the warm welcome guys. I guess I'll need to look a lot closer into this!!
I intend to keep the bike for some time as its only done 35k miles.

I had bit of an arguement with a van pulling a car trailer & had done some considerable damage. ( righthand lower fairing smashed, starter clutch cover smashed, right hand exhaust can & pillion peg ripped off, front tyre & wheel bearing damaged)!!

I will be putting on an aftermarket fairing kit on, any advice on them? I've heard some are a pain to fit/line up. Is this true?

I'll start posting some pics once i've figured out how to.

Many thanks again for everyones input & making me feel a member of the group.
Tim

there is a member that fabbed a ninja 600 tail on his bus and i wonder if that would be a cheaper route. he has a sweet lookin' street fighter hybrid in the works. https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/appearance-mods/106848-hybrids-05-hyboosa-build-4.html

Startin to look mean, ignition switch relocation idea is novel.

Can't wait to see wot it looks like!!!!! :thumbsup:

It's not even close to a direct bolt-on. Here's my 04 with an 08 1k tail/subframe. A lot of cutting and fabbing new mounts to get the subframe to fit.

IMG_4660_S.jpg

:welcome: to the oRg. Just click on the Manage Attachments Hot Button below the text box, click browse, locate jpeg on your hard drive, double click on it, or select it and hit open, then hit uplaod and wait. Make sure you resize it....Once it's uploaded just hit submit post

Back