Tag Relocator Suggestions

aldo

Registered
Can anyone suggest a good tag relocator that they actually use, I have the rear lowered 2" and I am running dual slipon exhausts, and I just installed the topgun undertail. I need a plate relocator and I don't want to drill the underneath of this beautiful undertail setup, so I want to mount it elsewhere, pretty sure it will have to be on the swingarm. Plus I don't want to have any problems with it rubbing against anything, or flapping in the breeze. Any suggestions for a reasonably priced unit? Make my own, etc. Thanks.

I just got one today. I got the polished aluminum one. It looks nice, but I don't have it on the bike yet. I'll post pics if you would like.
www.1tail.com - Site no longer works

$40 on ebay

11.JPG

Mounts on the footpeg braket and has LED lights in the top . I know the pic isn't good my camera sucks.

The $40 ebay unit will work on a dual slipon exhaust? Also, can you say who the ebayer is they might have others that will fit my dual slipon setup. I'm just having a tough time justifying spending over $50 for one of these.

Hubby fabricated one for my Busa...best kind - free...

It's attached to the swing arm, and my Busa's been lowered 2" in the front and rear; no issues...

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "shouldn't type past midnight"|1127299540 -->

License_plate_mod6.JPG

Here's my swingarm license plate mount. Same TopGun undertail as you and dual bolt-ons.

Baby_J__31_Jul_05____5.JPG

Another view...

I love it...looks great. It IS illegal in my state, but most cops don't take the time to stop you for it...now that I've said that...
laugh.gif

fav_view.JPG

Heres mine. I cant stand the fact that MD plates are larger than most other states plates in size. I purchased this one off ebay for $25 bucks.

post-6-79967-bike6.jpg

Problem you are going to have with the relocator that replaces the chain guard is that you are still running the dual exhausts....since you mention slip-ons, then they are in the stock position, so the plate will not be easily seen. I recommend going with the set up that BigBS runs, or come up with something like VA Busa has.

I'm gonna order the one that bigbs and justintime recommend, more than what I want to spend, but since this is my last mod...............

Funny you ask. I've been making and selling these on Ebay for a while now. Check out my link. Price is $54.99. I've even made a couple for MD plates.

Mine has lights and everything, you'll see in the auction. If you have any questions, let me know. It can mount on either footpeg on some bikes, but to me works best on the right passenger peg.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/License-Plate-Relocator-Hayabusa-GSXR-ZX-CBR-R6_W0QQitemZ4576669029QQcategoryZ34284QQssPag
eNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem" target="_blank">Click Here</a>

Funny you ask.  I've been making and selling these on Ebay for a while now.  Check out my link.  Price is $54.99.  I've even made a couple for MD plates.

Mine has lights and everything, you'll see in the auction.  If you have any questions, let me know.  It can mount on either footpeg on some bikes, but to me works best on the right passenger peg.

<a href="http://cgi.ebay.com/License-Plate-Relocator-Hayabusa-GSXR-ZX-CBR-R6_W0QQitemZ4576669029QQcategoryZ34284QQssPag

Thats the one on my bike .

Funny you ask.  I've been making and selling these on Ebay for a while now.  Check out my link.  Price is $54.99.  I've even made a couple for MD plates.

Mine has lights and everything, you'll see in the auction.  If you have any questions, let me know.  It can mount on either footpeg on some bikes, but to me works best on the right passenger peg.

Yo Frisbee,

Can't tell from your pic, but it does look a lot like mine. When did you get it? Did you get it from me?

Yep! I used a spacer so it would go on the other side . You went out of your way to show me some pics on how it would look and then I got it.

Yo Frisbee,

Can't tell from your pic, but it does look a lot like mine.  When did you get it?  Did you get it from me?
It wasn-t a good picture my camera is going to the shop . And I have a billet licence plate ring on it that says hayabusa that I got a week before . I was lucky , it fit perfectly.

Yo Frisbee,

Can't tell from your pic, but it does look a lot like mine.  When did you get it?  Did you get it from me?
It wasn-t a good picture  my camera is going to the shop . And I have a billet licence plate ring on it that says hayabusa that I got a week before . I was lucky , it fit perfectly.
Excellent. That was I figured from the pic. I was going to incorporate something like that (logo) into the lip, but I decided it'd be better the way it is so it works on other types of bikes.

Thanks again.

Back