Tag placement with undertail

If you want custom, go here: Buy Now: License Plate Tag Brackets for Suzuki Hayabusa | Pashnit Moto I can get you most of them. Sent out one of the Yana Shiki ones today. Note that if you want horizontal-lighted, I think Roaring Toyz makes the only one that's lighted.

Roaring Toyz pretty much rounds out the lineup of what's available on the open market. Also note that the vertical one are getting more and more illegal depending on what state you are in (I think FL banned vertical this year too). Side mount is questionable but common. The common interrputation of the law is your plate has to be visible from all rear angles. But again, likely depends on the state.

If you guys want cheap, just make one. I made mine out of piece of carpet transition I got at Home Depot. Just started wandering around the store looking for metal and then I came to the carpet aisle. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
I've posted this pic before somewhere, but this is Raydog's.

Horizontal, and made out of a piece of aluminum angle iron. Look how simple that is. Kinda why didn't I think of that. :bowdown:
Img_0070_busa_tag_bracket.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda see it here. The silver is the metal carpet transition. A hacksaw, a metal file. All good. :cheerleader:

plate1-700.jpg

Img_0243.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pashnit, I like the home made one on the pegs but I'm still looking into this silly law. The first offense is 1000 buck and the second is 2500 and a 5 year suspension. Cant afford either, so Im trying to be as cautious as possible. If I can mounted on the rear pegs, then more than likely, I'll be going with that one.

BigRod, I like that one but I know for a fact that wont fly here. My buddy had that on his CBR before the law came out and he would get harrassed everywhere we went about it. He finally placed it on the swingarm vertically and didnt get stopped again until last week. ???

I've posted this pic before somewhere, but this is Raydog's.

Horizontal, and made out of a piece of aluminum angle iron. Look how simple that is. Kinda why didn't I think of that. :bowdown:

View attachment 117458

i've been looking for something like this that would still be able to be installed with an exhaust can on the same side... it would probably have to be placed somewhat higher to clear the exhaust though. thoughts?

I would check state and local laws. Most require that the tag be visible ( common sense ) and horizontal. between 12 and 36 inches of pavement here too.

most laws are horizontal, not bent, lit and above the tire (visibil)
which mine isn't :laugh:
but I haven't been harrassed either

I have an idea with a hugger, I think if you can somehow mount it to the hugger it would look right. I am trying to find a hugger for an 08 charcoal black color, i'll let ya'll know how it goes if I can find one that looks right.

Last edited:
new Florida law is tag needs to be 6" from the tail light, must have light, must be able to see from 3 sides, must be mounted horizontal.....or its $1000 1st time...:moon:

i actually have this one
79a9_1.JPG

sitting in my room.. all black.. just the kanji.. not the word busa below it.. with a tag light... if you want it shoot me a PM and i'll give it to you for a good price.

Back