Tag holder....

lavinrac

Lav's towin service.
Donating Member
Registered
I am in need of suggestions on a good tag holder. My current one broke on me only holding the top half the tag the bottom is just flapping. :banghead:

I want to try and stay with the side mount tag off the swingarm. I am just tired of the ones I can get around here breaking on me.. third one already and ive had it..

something like this clicky is what im lookin for. If there better please let me know.. dont want a flimsy piece of junk and they all cant break like mine have been.

No that is not the one I had that broke.

Or if someone has a good one for sale and is going to the bash ill buy it from you there.... gonna have to figure something out now for my tag.

i got mine for like $40 shipped off ebay (black one) but i have had no problems with it. Dont know how you are breaking yours LOL

I used (2) 3/4 inch angle irons that I got from lowes for under a buck. Bolted one side to my undertail and the other side to the plate. Then I went to autozone and spent about 3 bucks on a steel license plate frame and put that over the plate, and used the bottom bolts to anchor the plate to the frame. Works like a champ for me.

I used (2) 3/4 inch angle irons that I got from lowes for under a buck. Bolted one side to my undertail and the other side to the plate. Then I went to autozone and spent about 3 bucks on a steel license plate frame and put that over the plate, and used the bottom bolts to anchor the plate to the frame. Works like a champ for me.

Lets see a picture of that tag holder. :please:

best I can do with my cell phone and not ideal lighting:

tail 1.jpg

tail 2.jpg

tail 3.jpg

tail 4.jpg

tail 1.jpg

tail 2.jpg

tail 3.jpg

tail 4.jpg

Some guys here in FL are telling me the state has reversed the "No Vertical Plate" Law. Anybody here know anything about this?

A $1K ticket is too much to risk for a vertical mount...

pm UNDRPSI i bought his tag holder 2 years ago and its still going strong. and it looks good no issues!!1

DSCF1625 (Medium).JPG

check your state laws and make sure that mounting your tag vertically is legal in your area. It is not legal in many states.

it is in pa from what ive read right?

it is illegal in PA to mount your registration vertically...

The argument in PA, is your registration technically your tag or your sticker.

I have seen tags mounted with the sticker vertically and cops walk away from the argument without citation issued.

Currently there is nothing saying about it having to be centered yet...yet.

there are states that say centered on the bike also.

Most get stopped because they say if the tag is curved, it is not truly viewable from the rear (because part of the tag points down.)

i have never been harassed about my plate..even stopped.. but then thats the leos around here

Back