T-Mobile Prepaid

TheAtomicAss

Registered
I'm looking to change my cell phone again, and I've been looking at T-Mobile's service, and I wanted to see if anyone has good or bad dealings with it.

Specifically, I'm eyeing the sidekick. Real web browsing, yum.
biggrin.gif

So how is the service? Does the data service run at a decent speed on the prepaid or is it like frozen molasses? I would probably be doing much more web browsing than calling, so speed is kinda essential.

And I haven't been here in a while, place got a facelift when I wasn't looking. I like some of the new smiley's.
whatsatre.png

Once upon a time I had a t-mobile prepaid. It was just a little flip phone but I never had any problems with it. Coverage was excellent, quality was good. I used it for about 3 years before moving on to a subscription service. As far as browsing speed and such, I don't think you'd see any difference on the prepaid. It uses the same network so it should be seamless. My understanding though is that the data service really eats up prepaid credits.

+1 FSU. That's my understanding as well on the "eating up minutes" thing. I have unlimited data, text, picture messaging, etc, so it's a non-issue for me. Keep in mind that your download speeds on your phone are going to be nowhere near as quick as the high speed internet found in most homes today as well.

Keep in mind that your download speeds on your phone are going to be nowhere near as quick as the high speed internet found in most homes today as well.
This I expect, which isn't a problem as long as it beats 56K dialup. If it's slower than that I tend to claw my eyes out.

Now, anywhere I can find out how many minutes are going to get sucked down? Hopefully it's not ridiculous like Sprint. ($.03/KB, Ugh.)

Back