Posting Via Mobile Phone Issue

solarbarack

Donating Member
Registered
Most of my post are from my phone, usually I use opera mobile because I'ts been my browser of choice for a long while. Recently I switched to the new opera mini v4.2, for speed and their mobile view is great. The issue I'm having is the oRg. only lets mee view the forums in mobile style. is their any way to see the full view from mini. Hopefully Omar will chime in on this one.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure about your question. I use full view I cant see everything, I like the mobile view. What I cant figure out is how to refresh after I post. I can go to new topics and then see my name under the thread titles and see that my post went up, but when I go into the thread, my post and all of those afterwards are not there.

Let me rephrase this a little. on Opera mobile, weather viewing full view or mobile view you still see a desktop version of the site. The browser reformats it to fit your phone depending on the view you chose. With Opera mini Hayabusa.org's server detects your using a mobile browser, and gives you a really different view. It redirects you to their mobile site. Ive tried editing the xml files, changed the settings under the tools menu, and looked in the opera:config area but it still shows me the .oRgs mobile site. I'm looking for the regular site view.
Posted via Mobile Device

Not sure about your question. I use full view I cant see everything, I like the mobile view. What I cant figure out is how to refresh after I post. I can go to new topics and then see my name under the thread titles and see that my post went up, but when I go into the thread, my post and all of those afterwards are not there.

What browser are you using?
Posted via Mobile Device

O.k. after screwing around for a while I've got nothing. Maybe there can be a workaround done on the server end not to automatically detect settings.
Posted via Mobile Device

The server does a browser detect and if it detects a known mobile browser, it switches to the mobile format.

On my iPhone when it auto detects a mobile site it lets you canx it if you want to see the normal site version. Not sure if that is an iPhone option or how the actual web page is coded. It also does it on www.Break.com Try that link on your mobile and see if you get the canx option.

Last edited:
On my iPhone when it auto detects a mobile site it lets you canx it if you want to see the normal site version. Not sure if that is an iPhone option or how the actual web page is coded. It also does it on Break.com - Free videos, pictures, and comedy for guys Try that link on your mobile and see if you get the canx option.

No it's only this site. Xda-devvelopers, and ppcgeeks both use this same setup. No problems there.
Posted via Mobile Device

Back