Swingarm pivot bearings

redkat05

Dear spring....... HURRY!
Donating Member
Registered
I've got about 8400miles on the bearings in there now. Should I get new bearings or reuse the ones I have? For that matter what is the cost of new pivot bearings?

IMO, if you have it apart it wouldn't hurt. Peace of mind. They are short change IMO.

The pivot bearings should last the life of the bike unless it's been underwater or you baked them in the powdercoat oven or dipped them in chrome. Can you say Louisiana, when some cars and bikes were underwater for a couple of weeks. Seriously, go to bikebandit.com. they should be around 16 each. They are a ***** to get them out but easy to press in new ones.

well mine are fine, no play in the arm or anything but just wonderin if i could reuse the ones in my swingarm now with the new arm

I reused mine when I changed swingarms. I had 10,000 miles on them. I have put about 5000 miles on them since with no problems.

well mine are fine, no play in the arm or anything but just wonderin if i could reuse the ones in my swingarm now with the new arm
Remember these two things...1- a few years ago all bikes swingarm bearings were not bearings, they were bushings...made of either nylon, brass or copper. 2-we are not talking crank bearings here, if they are still intact and no corrosion, they are just as good as new...they only have an approximate 10 degree motion! If they are properly greased and full round....100,000 miles. Raydog

Are you installing new arm?If you are buy new lower pivot bearings unless your really really good you will destroy them removing them...the tops come out pretty easily with a little heat on the outter tube..

Back