Sweet Gloves, Great Prices!

Revlis

Re-Recycled, Busa-Less...
Donating Member
Registered
2002 Teknic Violater Pro Gloves.

I bought a pair about a month ago and I got to tell you, For the price they are asking these gloves are amazing. Price independant, they are really nice. They really feel like they will do their job, Very comfortable, super soft palm yadda yadda, Kevlar, really good stuff. I wouldn't steer ya'll wrong and I do not own stock.

New Enough Closeout Gloves

I know I have mentioned them before but consider this a report after a few hundred miles. Besides some Kushitanis I fondled a few months back these gloves are some of the finest I have found. And at the price, absolutely awesome...
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif
thumbs-up.gif

TeKnic_Violater_Pro_Gloves_copy.jpg

thumbs-up.gif

thumbs-up.gif

Cool I bought a pair - Thanks!
Cool, Let me know what you think when you get them, make sure I am not FOS....

Also if I didn't mention it the sizing seems to be pretty accurate. I have fairly big hands, and XL fit real nice.

Oh and I do not work for New Enough Either. Just Pimping what I know to be unexpected goodness...

I was getting ready to ping you and ask about these things. I remembered you getting them but hadn't seen anything else about them. Just ordered a pair of black/silver for $69. Got XL and hope they fit. Thanks for the heads-up.
biggrin.gif

i have had a pair of those for about year and half now wish i could have bought them at that price ?

oh well maybe nextime they are good glove from what i have seen from mine just wish it had some gel in the palm like my wifes gloves do maybe next pair
cool.gif

Did not buy that kind but I did buy the First Gear Carbon Race Gloves. Thanks for the link. Any Idea on closeout prices for leathers. I checked at New Enough but the were alittle higher than I have seen elsewhere.:)
smile.gif

Did not buy that kind but I did buy the First Gear Carbon Race Gloves.  Thanks for the link.  Any Idea on closeout  prices for leathers.  I checked at New Enough but the were alittle higher than I have seen elsewhere.:)
smile.gif
Generally Newenough has some of the best prices out there.  They do come out a bit more expensive once in awhile but they have treated me and others so Damn well that I pay the extra with a grin because I know my stuff will show up as promised, and exactly right, or they make it right.  They will work with you directly, it's a small family outfit and they really do care.

So they are pretty much where I do most of my gear purchasing.

Glad I could help. I was just so impressed with these gloves for the price that I had to share. There are certainly better gloves out there but only above $200 probably.

Yeah, I got the feeling that they were straight up when I ordered my gloves. I didn't ask anything about their return policy or restocking fees but they automatically told me that if the gloves weren't to my satisfaction for any reason whatsoever that there would be no restocking fee and they would refund the cost, replace them or exchange them for other merchandise.

It also seemed like the person that took my call actually cared whether or not I would be happy with my order. Very rare in any kind of business these days. I'll definitely go back to them when I get ready to buy more gear. It's worth a little more to me for the customer service. When you have a problem and can't get it handled the little bit you saved by dealing with someone else doesn't really mean much anymore.
wink.gif

(a) NewEnough is pretty cool. I got a nice FieldSheer jacket from them last year. Very good service.

(b) I have a pair of those Teknic gloves, and I have three observations:

- The plastic on the knuckles and fingers mars easily, such that they look pretty ragged after a few months.

- The velcro closer is a little awkward to deal with, especially once you have one of the gloves on.

- I picked up a wonderful case of contact dermatitis (think: athlete's foot on your hand) from some sort of fungus, etc. that grew in one of the fingers (I keep the gloves as dry as I can, but I sweat a lot in the summer).

Obviously, the last item is the one that stuck in my craw, and I don't know if that's because of some defficiency in the leather, or whatever, just thought it was worth mentioning.

I went back to check their prices on leathers. They were actually cheaper. So I bought a set of Joe Rocket Highlands. I also asked that they ship them with my glove order. They emailed me today and said that they will and it saved me a few bucks on shipping. I will keep them in mind when I need to buy something else.

Tony:D
biggrin.gif

(a) NewEnough is pretty cool. I got a nice FieldSheer jacket from them last year. Very good service.

(b) I have a pair of those Teknic gloves, and I have three observations:

- The plastic on the knuckles and fingers mars easily, such that they look pretty ragged after a few months.

- The velcro closer is a little awkward to deal with, especially once you have one of the gloves on.

- I picked up a wonderful case of contact dermatitis (think: athlete's foot on your hand) from some sort of fungus, etc. that grew in one of the fingers (I keep the gloves as dry as I can, but I sweat a lot in the summer).

Obviously, the last item is the one that stuck in my craw, and I don't know if that's because of some defficiency in the leather, or whatever, just thought it was worth mentioning.
No Mcoyote, I think the Hand fungus would likely have something more to do with Hygiene. I shall refer you KS's post regarding Helmet funk...
laugh.gif

Just playing, though the gloves are not ventilated so they do get a little warm. I have been eyeballing mine trying to figure out where to put a few holes here and there to help with ventilation.

In the meantime, GoldBond Powder is the BOMB...
thumbs-up.gif

Believe it or not, you can sometimes get what you want on Ebay if you are not in to big of a hurry. Some of you may remember me looking for leathers a while ago and my size was always out of stock. Well, I paid $250 for a brand new Dainese Luce jacket and P-109 pants that fit perfect from a guy who's wife made him sell his bike before he could ever wear them. He said he could have cried when he saw how low they went for. I could have died from excitement when the auction was over and I was the winner. I still look daily to see what is for sale under "motorcycle leathers" and I see some great deals. You just have to be lucky and find something that fits you. I am still smiling.

Paul

Oh yea, I went to Newenoughs web site for the gloves but they were out of my size in black. See.

Believe it or not, you can sometimes get what you want on Ebay if you are not in to big of a hurry.  Some of you may remember me looking for leathers a while ago and my size was always out of stock.  Well, I paid $250 for a brand new Dainese Luce jacket and P-109 pants that fit perfect from a guy who's wife made him sell his bike before he could ever wear them.  He said he could have cried when he saw how low they went for.  I could have died from excitement when the auction was over and I was the winner.  I still look daily to see what is for sale under "motorcycle leathers" and I see some great deals.  You just have to be lucky and find something that fits you.  I am still smiling.

Paul

Oh yea, I went to Newenoughs web site for the gloves but they were out of my size in black.  See.
E-Bay is cool, but what I kept noticing is that by the time the bidding is closed on an item, you can usually find similarly priced stuff elsewhere without having to worry about some scam or some dude misrepresenting something.

I do shop them once in awhile but I allways feel like I am taking a chance. Though I did get a 2002 Busa Service Manual for $23.

I dunno E-bay allways gives me the willy's....

I was very lucky and the guy had a great rep. I ended up with a $1000 set up for $250. The two piece Dainese suit was one that I actually wanted so it makes it that much better.

You are right though, you have to be careful.

I got turned off of eBay by following some of the photography forums. You wouldn't believe how many rip-offs are pulled in the photography section of eBay. Even the ones with good feedback aren't always reliable. So many eBay accounts get hijacked by crooks that feedback just isn't a good indicator anymore.

I don't use eBay or PayPal anymore. I deal with reputable retailers/wholesalers or I buy from people that have established reputations on forums. Same here. I'd buy from a hand full of people here without a worry but I don't even look on eBay for busa stuff. Just ain't worth the risk for me. Granted, I miss a few deals. I also don't get my arse handed to me by a crook, either. ;)

I got turned off of eBay by following some of the photography forums. You wouldn't believe how many rip-offs are pulled in the photography section of eBay. Even the ones with good feedback aren't always reliable. So many eBay accounts get hijacked by crooks that feedback just isn't a good indicator anymore.

I don't use eBay or PayPal anymore. I deal with reputable retailers/wholesalers or I buy from people that have established reputations on forums. Same here. I'd buy from a hand full of people here without a worry but I don't even look on eBay for busa stuff. Just ain't worth the risk for me. Granted, I miss a few deals. I also don't get my arse handed to me by a crook, either.  ;)
Yeah I bought a small painting that had been doctored in the picture. What I got was crap, what I paid for was some modern art...Never again, with art...

Did ya see the fake auction on Rythm's wrecked bike? Just another reason not to f with eBay!!!  :cussing:

Oh yeah... my gloves show to be on the truck for delivery today. Ain't it great when the Fed Ex guy comes? Like Christmas in August!!! :super:

It's good to be careful. I will take heed with future buys. I guess I was pretty lucky.

Thanks,

Paul

Yeah, ask for photos other than what's in the auction. Ask for specific shots, like the one of the size tag in leathers, etc... Ask for a close-up of a certain mod on the bike, a shot of the size tag of the leathers, etc... Something that they'd have to take especially for your request. Ask lots of questions, etc... You can reduce your risks a LOT by just playing it smart. ;)

Back