Swastika

(kaosccw @ Sep. 28 2007,08:13)
(rubber2burn @ Sep. 28 2007,09:56) Sound like the tree hugg'n liberals are at it again.
Did I miss something? I didn't hear anything about saving trees.
What, You didn`t know that everything is tree hugging liberals fault.
jump9.gif

Did I end up in the random section or what?

OK, let me be clear before I begin.  Not a neo-nazi, not a skinhead, not even a racist except in the possibly esoteric sense that we are all racists...

The Swastika symbol is thousands of years old.  Wiki article here.  To this day many cultures consider it a symbol of luck.  Here it is on the nosecone of the Spirit of St. Louis...

With that in mind, I don't think that this is either of malicious intent or some form of conspirital undertaking.  It's just a shape.  If everyone is so worried about the concept of a Swastika, why are they not similarly afraid of the things that the German Armies did under Hitler.

Yet no one complains about the Eagle.  Which has been a symbol of power since the dawn of written history.  The Eagle was adopted by many countries...two of which include the US and Nazi Germany.  Both of which took their symbol from the Roman Empire.

Or how about the detention and unpoken potential of torture of people held without rights?  Sound Familiar?

Look around you.  If the German people had known about the situation that they were to be thrown in?  Would they have acted differently?  If they had known that a tyrant, would hide information from them, would they have done the same thing?

That answer will never be clear.  But for those who are looking at this as some evil thing.  Seriously, there are people being tortured this morning for your "safety" when they have not even been convicted of a crime, there are people held without Habeas Corpus, and they could potentially be listening to your phones.  It's well known that we get information based not on facts, but on executive interpretation of the facts.  So we have physical monitoring, communication monitoring, informtion control, and infringement of civil rights all in the name of "safety"...

Sound Familiar?

(ibified @ Sep. 28 2007,10:15) goin back to the comment about giving it to the people of New Orleans....

Don't get me wrong, it isnt that I dont care about these folks, but here's my take on that:

YOU chose to live somewhere on the coast that was below sea level and not purchase flood insurance.  Why am *I* supposed to pay for that?  If a tornado came along tomorrow and destroyed my home, and I didn't have insurance, everyone would agree that it's MY problem.  How are the folks in N.O. any different?
So, you'd rather pay for the redesign of a non-damaged building?

(kaosccw @ Sep. 28 2007,10:55)
(ibified @ Sep. 28 2007,10:15) goin back to the comment about giving it to the people of New Orleans....

Don't get me wrong, it isnt that I dont care about these folks, but here's my take on that:

YOU chose to live somewhere on the coast that was below sea level and not purchase flood insurance. Why am *I* supposed to pay for that? If a tornado came along tomorrow and destroyed my home, and I didn't have insurance, everyone would agree that it's MY problem. How are the folks in N.O. any different?
So, you'd rather pay for the redesign of a non-damaged building?
That would be a waste of money as well. Of course our govt. is good at one thing. Fixing things until they're broke
laugh.gif

You know what? I'm reading along and enjoying this thread and suddenly someone throws the "tree hugging liberals" crap out...actually, I call myself a liberal, I'm also a Viet Nam Marine, a retired big city cop, and I love this earth and its beauty....so every time you may not agree with someone, don't call them a stupid one liner neocon sound bite....all you do is retard the conversation. Raydog

Semper Fidelis then!

I agree, even the definition of liberal doen not mean the same thing as environmentalist.

Well said point, sir.

(Nekosohana @ Sep. 28 2007,08:23) Did I end up in the random section or what?

OK, let me be clear before I begin. Not a neo-nazi, not a skinhead, not even a racist except in the possibly esoteric sense that we are all racists...

The Swastika symbol is thousands of years old. Wiki article here. To this day many cultures consider it a symbol of luck. Here it is on the nosecone of the Spirit of St. Louis...

With that in mind, I don't think that this is either of malicious intent or some form of conspirital undertaking. It's just a shape. If everyone is so worried about the concept of a Swastika, why are they not similarly afraid of the things that the German Armies did under Hitler.

Yet no one complains about the Eagle. Which has been a symbol of power since the dawn of written history. The Eagle was adopted by many countries...two of which include the US and Nazi Germany. Both of which took their symbol from the Roman Empire.

Or how about the detention and unpoken potential of torture of people held without rights? Sound Familiar?

Look around you. If the German people had known about the situation that they were to be thrown in? Would they have acted differently? If they had known that a tyrant, would hide information from them, would they have done the same thing?

That answer will never be clear. But for those who are looking at this as some evil thing. Seriously, there are people being tortured this morning for your "safety" when they have not even been convicted of a crime, there are people held without Habeas Corpus, and they could potentially be listening to your phones. It's well known that we get information based not on facts, but on executive interpretation of the facts. So we have physical monitoring, communication monitoring, informtion control, and infringement of civil rights all in the name of "safety"...

Sound Familiar?
How true...
bowdown.gif

(raydog @ Sep. 28 2007,09:11) You know what? I'm reading along and enjoying this thread and suddenly someone throws the "tree hugging liberals" crap out...actually, I call myself a liberal, I'm also a Viet Nam Marine, a retired big city cop, and I love this earth and its beauty....so every time you may not agree with someone, don't call them a stupid one liner neocon sound bite....all you do is retard the conversation. Raydog
+1

Hey Neko, I've always enjoyed your posts......keep the faith! Doyle (Raydog)

600k would get about 50 busas for the needy, now that, my friends, would be a good cause. while they're at it making the u.s. more non-offensive to ths satellite peepers... let's budget in a massive amount of fill dirt to change Florida's appearance from the sky, change all the twin dome reactors, and remodel the washington monument, all of which, in the right mindset, could be deemed provocative, as was pointed out by Family Guy's Peter Griffin. Maybe Homer Simpson touched on the same subject too. when will it end, why did it begin in the first place. I miss the good ol' days, and I'm only 36. sad... isn't it?

(pbghost @ Sep. 28 2007,10:20) 600k would get about 50 busas for the needy, now that, my friends, would be a good cause. while they're at it making the u.s. more non-offensive to ths satellite peepers... let's budget in a massive amount of fill dirt to change Florida's appearance from the sky, change all the twin dome reactors, and remodel the washington monument, all of which, in the right mindset, could be deemed provocative, as was pointed out by Family Guy's Peter Griffin. Maybe Homer Simpson touched on the same subject too. when will it end, why did it begin in the first place. I miss the good ol' days, and I'm only 36. sad... isn't it?
It started with Freud.

To answer the earlier post, no, i would NOT like to seem them redesign and rebuild an existing structure that has nothing wrong with it. I'd rather them NOT waste my money on stupid shid and maybe lower my income tax.

We waste WAY too much money on bailing people out, in my opinion. Both here and overseas.

The swastik was around long before the Nazi's made it their symbol . It dates back to the New Stone age and was then found in what is now Iran . It was a symbol for peace in the Buddhist and Hindu religions long before Hitler and the 3rd Reich . People just seems to associate it all the time to the Nazi party .

Thnks guys. I fell down the Wikipedia rabbit hole because of you all.

Ended up at? ...

The Lance of Loginess...

thanks.

Back